At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Blink and you’ll miss these sensational seasonal pop-ups in London
From rooftop bars and mini markets under the stars to frosty fun for the whole family, London is packed full of festive pop-ups. Here are some of the best ones to visit this winter.
Award-winning West Country restaurant, The Ethicurean has come to Oxford Street’s John Lewis rooftop garden for Christmas. On offer is a menu of hearty British classics with a twist like Welsh rarebit with hot smoked arctic char, and sticky toffee apple cake with a dollop of cinnamon cream. The garden itself has been given a festive makeover, and diners can choose to book out a luxury gardening shed or sit amongst the potted trees and fairy-lights for scenic views over the capital.
Until 24th December 2017
This year, restaurant Coq de’Argent in the City transforms its heated skyscraper terraces into an Arctic-themed retreat. The experience starts from the elevator, fitted with an ‘Aurora Borealis Cube’ to simulate the Northern Lights. A pair of rooftop igloo tents accompanies a festive lantern-lit dining area draped in furs and fairy lights. Visitors can enjoy luxurious fine dining, and an assortment of on-theme Hennessy cocktails like the Arctic Wilderness – a warm blend of Hennessy Cognac, grape tea, Muscat sweet wine and ginger candy syrup.
Until 28th February 2018
On the Southbank, this alpine-inspired pop-up features a trio of festive dining and drinking options. At the cosy Refuge Restaurant, indulge in some ski chalet classics like spiced crème brûlée or three-cheese fondue. Passers-by can opt for smaller bites from the street food stalls, and larger parties can book out a heated snow globe for private dining with river views. The heated cocktail bar takes winter warmers to the next level; alongside the mulled wine you’ll find meringue-topped spiced butter rum and hot apple mojitos.
Until 31st December 2017
4. Woody Bear
While away a few hours under the stars, high above the Oxford Street crowds on Woody Bear’s winter rooftop terrace. With décor inspired by a retro fairground, visitors can expect to sip boozy vanilla eggnog from vintage flasks in their teacup ride booth. Cheesy street food experts, Madame & Monsieur, will whip up three different versions of a gourmet croque monsieur for guests, or for the ultimate indulgence, dunk chunks of sourdough into a whole baked-in-box Mont d’O, with freshly shaved truffle on request.
Until 31st December 2017
Pergola’s huge urban rooftop garden is open for winter. Heated and enclosed on all sides to keep things cosy, two floors of softly lit dark wood and greenery await chilly visitors. Retreat to a huge day bed with a glass of mulled wine, or relax at the communal trestle tables. For the peckish, there are five different restaurants to choose from; grab a wood-fired pizza from Made of Dough, or one of Tonkotsu’s warming ramens.
Until 23rd December 201
Come dusk, see the Royal Botanic Gardens at Kew transformed into a twinkling twilight paradise. From 5pm, visitors can follow a garden trail of over a million illuminated globes, ribbons and petals, past singing trees, an underwater light show, and revolving Christmas trees. Visit Father Christmas and his elves, take a spin on the vintage carousel, and finish up at Victoria Plaza for a browse of the pop-up market and some mulled wine (or hot chocolate, for the youngsters).
Until 1st January 2018
Tucked away between the City’s glass skyscrapers is a little winter wonderland at Broadgate. A forest of snow-dusted pine trees, twinkling archways and candle-lit log seating are sure to get you feeling festive. Feast on hog and turkey roasts with all the trimmings, with little red booties of steaming mulled wine to finish. Cheeses, homewares and hot cider are available from a row of twinkling wooden huts; and visitors can catch a selection of upbeat movies from the cosy tipi cinema.
Until 12th January 2018
Take to the ice this festive season, right in the heart of the city. Surrounded by the walls of the beautiful Somerset House, visitors can skate on a large rink complete with Christmas tree and glittering lights. Beginners can warm up at the weekend Skate School, and there is a Polar Cub Club for the little ones. The fun lasts well into the evening with Skate Lates, a brand-new music programme for this year spinning everything from reggae to 70s disco.
Until 14th January 2018
9. Fortnum & Mason at Somerset House
The beautiful West Wing of Somerset House will be home over the festivities to a pop-up Fortnum & Mason. Forget yoyos and satsumas; stocking gifts from the Fortnum’s Christmas Arcade will be more along the lines of pots of gin truffles, fancy soaps and pretty bone china, all beautifully packaged in their signature turquoise boxes. Next door, Fortnum’s Lodge are serving up luxury comfort food and post-rink packages for two in the form of giant mince pies and smoked salmon platters.
Until 7th January 2018
Possibly the best winter warmer you’ll find in London this season will be on the roof of Southbank’s Queen Elizabeth Hall. Until the end of December, experience an authentic Finnish sauna with 90°C huts and hot stones, all the while soaking up panoramic views of the London skyline. After your steam, sip Prosecco and snack on Nordic canapés next door at the Roof Garden Bar. Weekend visitors can get a culture fix at a Sauna Sundays session – a series of talks and performances in the sauna itself.
Until 30th December 2017