At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
From hidden rooftop gardens to fine dining 100ft above the ground, these summer pop-ups offer fun and innovative ways to make the most of the season
From international sporting events to royal regattas and music festivals, there’s plenty going on in London during the summer. However, if you fancy experiencing something a little different, seek out the city’s collection of intriguing summer pop-ups. Whether you’re in search of a hidden rooftop garden in the midst of the city, fancy trying a traditional British summertime sport, or would like to enjoy a fine dining experience 100ft above the ground, you won’t be disappointed with this selection of London’s best summer pop-ups.
You might not expect to find an abundance of wildflowers and fruit trees on top of the Queen Elizabeth Hall on London’s Southbank, but for the duration of the summer that’s exactly what you will find. Courtesy of the pop-up roof garden, this space has been turned into an idyllic English country garden and comes complete with a bar and café, not to mention staggering views over the Thames. Moreover, the garden has been built by EcoTherapy, an organisation that helps give people who have experienced mental health issues, homelessness and addiction a new start in life.
Until 30th September 2018
Queen Elizabeth Hall
A truly unique dining experience that takes place 100ft above the ground, London In The Sky is one summer pop-up you won’t want to miss. Diners are securely strapped into and seated at the specially constructed sky tables, where they tuck into fine dining menus devised by acclaimed guest chefs. This July, enjoy sky high cooking from the likes of Rob Gill of The Dairy and much-loved Typing Room chef Lee Westcott. Treated to staggering views alongside their food, diners can visit for breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea or dinner.
5th-15th July 2018
Upper Ground Road, SE1 9PU
After its resounding success last summer, the Pergola pop-up returns to Paddington for a second instalment. An impressively large and all-encompassing venture, Pergola includes hidden gardens and a picturesque rooftop, two bars, self-service dining, live DJs and high line bridge. There’s a great selection of food too, with pop ups from the likes of Patty & Bun, DF/Mexico, duck specialists Canard and Vietnamese barbecue experts Mam. There are also plenty of summery cocktails to toast the season, such as a St Germain Spritz, Frozen Margarita or a classic Mojito.
Until October 2018
5 Kingdom Street, Paddington Central, W2 6PY
An oasis of food, drink and music that’s located directly above one of London’s most famous streets, this rooftop pop-up is a reviving refuge for weary shoppers. Stylishly designed with plenty of greenery, visitors can enjoy the sounds of live DJs at they tuck into fried chicken from the acclaimed Butchies. The ‘Freddie Mercur-Bee’ comes highly recommended, a combination of fried buttermilk chicken, smoked streaky bacon and chilli infused honey, served in a toasted bun with skin on fries. In addition, the rooftop is also home to Fever-Tree’s Ultimate Gin and Tonic bar, which will be mixing up eight delicious concoctions and also leading a gin and tonic masterclass once a week.
Until September 2018
John Lewis Oxford Street
An essential part of the British summertime, The BBQ Club elevates the traditional barbecue to a seriously vibrant and delicious experience. Located close to Waterloo Bridge and directly opposite the Royal Festival Hall and BFI, the pop up combines a BBQ Bar and rooftop restaurant. Diners can feast on a six-course tasting menu that includes some intriguingly interactive elements or head downstairs to try the bar’s the fast and fresh menu of summer ready dishes like hot smoked salmon, crème fraiche and grain salad or a monkfish burger with tarragon mayonnaise.
Until 23rd September 2018
One of London’s most charming al fresco cinema projects, Nomad Cinema takes over some of the capital’s most picturesque and unusual spaces for a summer programme of outdoor film entertainment. A London summer pop up that’s run, in part, by passionate volunteers, the organisation has a fantastic summer programme that includes both the latest releases as well as cult classics. Expect to enjoy films like The Bride of Frankenstein in the spooky surroundings of Brompton Cemetery, or the 2018 hit Lady Bird at Citypoint in the heart of London.
Until 14th September 2018
Taking place over three months, Summer By The River is set on the banks of the Thames, close by to the capital’s City Hall. Billed as London’s largest free outdoor festival, visitors can expect a great selection of food and drink from some of the city’s favourite street food purveyors, and a diverse programme of entertainment including sport, music, live comedy and film screenings.
1st June–2nd September 2018
Positioned on the site of the oldest bowling green in the UK, Festibowl is a summertime celebration of a traditional British sport: lawn bowls. The concept aims to introduce the fun of bowls to a younger, cosmopolitan audience by providing a fast paced, high-energy version of the game. Accompanied by delicious food from Truffle London – famous for their truffle chips – and Chalana Market, along with a well stocked bar, guests at this Finsbury Square bowling green are in for a very British summertime treat.
Open to the public every Friday from 6.30pm
Until 3rd August 2018
A summer stalwart on the Southbank, Underbelly Festival celebrates its 10th anniversary this year and has plenty of fun-filled events lined up to mark the occasion. Underbelly’s eye catching Speigeltent venue, which is amply catered for by an extensive bar and range of street food vendors, can be relied up for its varied programme of kids shows, live comedy, circus performers and even cabaret. Expect comedy from the likes of Stephen K. Amos alongside hit kids shows including Aliens Love Underpants.
Until 30th September 2018
A rare opportunity to enjoy the impressive surroundings of regent street without the usual flurry of traffic, for four Sundays in July this famous London street will be entirely pedestrianised for its Summer Streets pop-up. Stroll from Oxford Circus down to Piccadilly and make the most of the array of appetising summer food and drink options, as well as live entertainment and innovative pop-ups from some of the area’s most popular stores and boutiques.
1st – 22nd July 2018