At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Experience a Russian Revolution of the restaurant variety with our pick of the top 10 eateries in St Petersburg – hold on to your ushankas
Put aside your preconceptions: Russian food is not all about cabbage soup and caviar. Russia’s restaurant scene is in the midst of a gastronomic revolution, with St Petersburg at the centre of it all. From traditional tsarist institutions to modern fusion cuisine, these are our recommendations for the best Russian restaurants in St Petersburg.
Nevsky Prospect, 57, St Petersburg
Universally accredited as one of the finest Russian restaurants in St Petersburg, the prestigious Imperial Restaurant does not disappoint. Delectable portions of European and Russian cuisine, including traditional classics such as borsch and beef stroganoff, are framed against elegant windows overlooking the Nevsky Prospect below.
Sadovaya Street, 12, St Petersburg
It goes without saying that Tsar does Russian fine dining like no other. This opulent establishment comprises beautiful rooms of gilded grandeur, where traditional Russian appetisers are served with a pleasant humility.
Radishcheva Street, 10, St Petersburg
Inspired by the famous household cookbook of Yelena Molokhovets (Russia’s answer to Mrs Beeton), Mechta Molokhovets serves up traditional specialties that will make you miss your babushka.
Tverskaya Street, 12, St Petersburg
Named for sonorous, turn-of-the-century Russian opera star Feodor Chaliapin, this St Petersburg restaurant serves fine dining fare suitable for the most preening of primadonnas. Start with caviar-topped blinis and house-smoked sturgeon before indulging in porcini-topped chicken Kiev.
Petropavlovskaya Street, 4, St Petersburg
While its name may impart associations of literary glitz, Chekhov is actually pleasantly rustic (no white tablecloths or over-the-top chandeliers here). You can just imagine the city’s literati filling its cosy wooden booths or having a go at the piano in the corner. Or dining on hearty fare such as beef stroganoff and magret de canard.
Nevsky Prospect, 47, St Petersburg
One of the oldest Russian restaurants in St Petersburg since 1874, Palkin is an institution of fine dining and gastronomic opulence. These decadent hallowed halls have hosted a wealth of intellectuals and aristocrats through the years, including Chekhov, Tchaikovsky, and Dostoyevsky, to name but a few.
Glinki Street, 2, St Petersburg
The marriage of homely cuisine and flashy design may throw you off your guard a little, but the menu at Sadko more than makes up for it. Robust staples include breaded veal cutlets and beef stroganoff, served up alongside an impressive wine list.
Malaya Morskaya Street, 8, St Petersburg
Following the trend of naming restaurants in St Petersburg for long-deceased luminaries, Gogol goes beyond a single reference. In fact, the entirety of the establishment is designed to evoke Gogol’s 19th century milieu. While supping on European-influenced dishes that were popular then – venison with warm apple tartare and cowberry sauce, say – contemplate penning your own version of “Dead Souls.”
Nevsky Prospect, 17, Stroganov Palace, St Petersburg
Set in the Russian Baroque surroundings of the Stroganoff Palace, Russian Empire offers a truly opulent experience, complete with 24ct golf flatware, fine crystal and of course, indulgent specialities from the kitchen. Think caviar, dumplings and game dishes on a (literal) gold platter.
Konnogvardeisky Boulevard, 4, St Petersburg
Refined yet understated, the Russian Vodka Room is the No.1 place for foodies with a vodka habit in St Petersburg. Offering around 213 varieties of vodka, this Chekhovian eatery also serves up many traditional dishes and fish specialties in their elegant dining room.