At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Surreal, evocative and insightful, Prague’s leading literary museum is a must for Metamorphosis enthusiasts
It’s thanks to the Czech Republic’s most influential literary export that the word ‘Kafkaesque’ has made its way into the English lexicon. And Kafkaesque is certainly an apt description for the museum dedicated to the novelist behind such classics as The Metamorphosis and The Castle. All gloomy, bureaucratic mazes, dimly lit corridors and jarring soundscapes, the Franz Kafka Museum successfully recreates the disquietude that the author conveys so eloquently through his works. Here are the top 10 highlights to look out for when visiting.
Local sculptor David Černý is notorious for his provocative wit. His bronze installation of two men urinating over a map of the Czech Republic dominates the courtyard in front of the Franz Kafka Museum; a fitting tribute to the author’s penchant for the bizarre.
Kafka enthusiasts will appreciate intimate glimpses of the author’s private musings, offered by unselfconscious scribbles in his diaries. Most of the Franz Kafka Museum’s exhibits focus on his private life rather than his literary achievements, creating an evocative immersion into the troubled world of the creative genius.
Film footage and vintage photos provide a fascinating window into the Czech capital during Kafka’s lifetime. Look out for peripheral glimpses of familiar landmarks such as Wenceslas Square and Petřín Park.
Kafka’s relationship with his father was underpinned by a strained formality, and his letters offer intimate details of their uneasy dynamic. Although in German, key sentences and phrases are translated into English for a comprehensive overview.
The corridor of black, gleaming file cabinets is a nod to one of Kafka’s most famous works; The Trial. Slide open a drawer to discover the files of Karl Rossman, the unfortunate protagonist of Kafka’s The Missing Person, a manuscript that was published as Amerika after Kafka’s death, aged 40.
A dark maze of unease, the Franz Kafka Museum echoes the edgy internal landscapes of its subject. For a breath of fresh air, look for the small window past the filing cabinets offering the best view of Charles Bridge in Prague.
Offering a graphic glimpse into an increasingly disturbed state of mind, Kafka’s sketches and paintings are as surreal as his stories. A favourite is the image of The Metamorphosis’ Gregor Samsa, who wakes to discover that he has inexplicably transformed into a giant insect.
A serial womaniser, Kafka had several fiancées but never married. In this exhibit, back-lit images of his girlfriends and lovers hang suspended above biographic fragments and photographs detailing their doomed romance.
Set amongst the display of Kafka’s books at the end of the exhibition are fascinating textual fragments detailing how his works were banned by the Communists and Nazis.
Brilliantly lit compared to the discomfiting gloom of the museum across the square, the Franz Kafka Museum Shop stocks a broad range of the writers works, translated into numerous languages. For something a little less literary, the Kafka Map, available to purchase, marks the author’s favourite haunts in the city, from his birthplace to his local coffee shop.