At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Spring and summer is festival season: these are 10 of the best Prague festivals to attend
Thanks to its Christmas markets and cosy cellar bars, Prague has cemented its status as a favourite cold weather clime. But if you’re already planning your return trip, note that the start of spring is also an ideal time to visit the Czech capital. Suddenly, public parks are abuzz with picnicking locals, trees break into blossom and the city’s calendar fills with festivals. Whether you’re seeking contemporary dance at Tanec Praha or classical music at the Prague Proms, high gastronomy at the Prague Food Festival or frothy pilsner by the litre at the Czech Beer Festival, these 10 Prague festivals cater to all tastes.
Not quite ready to huff and puff your way through the city’s cobbled streets? Even if you aren’t sporting on your finest running shorts, it’s well worth attending the Prague Marathon as a spectator. The event draws crowds of thousands and hosts a perfectly festive atmosphere, thanks in part to the companion Marathon Music Festival with live performances and the concluding pasta party with, yes, heaps of pasta.
5th May 2019
If you know your Berg from your Brahms, doubtless the Prague Spring International Music Festival is already on your must-do list. Celebrating its 70th anniversary this year, the festival is a favourite of connoisseurs worldwide, and invites top performers, conductors, and orchestras from around the globe to participate. Several competitions also factor into the calendar, for those who like their classical compositions with a bit of competitive vigour.
25th May – 5th June 2018
Step aside, Edinburgh: there’s more than one experimental theatre festival around this season. The Prague Fringe Festival is slated to bring together dozens of performers and companies from the Czech Republic and beyond, with performances ranging from musical theatre and monologues to dance, comedy, and more, held in select theatres around town.
24th May – 1st June 2019
One of the most popular Prague festivals since its inauguration in 1989, Tanec Praha (or the International Festival of Contemporary Dance and Movement Theatre) is a celebration of all things kinetic. This year, the festival will open with a piece choreographed by Sasha Waltz said to have been inspired by the structure of classical music compositions – and the genre-blending will only continue from there.
3rd – 5th June 2019
Against the really rather splendid backdrop of the Prague Castle’s Royal Gardens, the Prague Food Festival is ideal for sybaritic types. Heavy goulash and dumplings this is not – rather, the festival, returning for its 8th edition this year, celebrates the heights of Czech gastronomy, and will invite the city’s top chefs and restaurants to serve up special plates. A snooze in the grass might be order afterwards.
2019 dates TBA
One of several musically oriented Prague festivals, Prague Summer Nights specifically celebrates the talents of young musicians and performers. Opera lovers especially won’t want to give this one a miss: a highlight of the calendar will be Mozart’s Don Giovanni, performed in the Estates Theatre – the very same venue where Mozart originally premiered the opera in 1787.
17th June – 15th July 2019
If you’re in the business of hosting open-air concerts, it’s hard to do better than the splendid setting of Wenceslas Square. That’s just how the Prague Proms, returning for its 11th edition, will kick off this year’s schedule. For more than a month this season, the festival will host musical events across the city, ranging from saxophonist Branford Marsalis to performances of repertory favourites like Carmina Burana.
18th May – 13th July 2019
Not all music-related Prague festivals skew towards jazz or classical, however. United Islands of Prague has, in the past, featured acts ranging from Israeli indie rock bands to Mexico-based electronic DJs. This year will mark the 12th annual return of the open-air, genre-crossing festival, traditionally held in several outdoor locations across the city centre.
31st May – 2nd June 2019
Highlighting the traditions of different Czech regions and eras, Prague Folklore Days is like stepping into a temporary time capsule. For four days this July, the festival will see many dozens of participants take to the streets of Prague, accompanied by music and performing historic dances. Take in the sights and you’ll soon start wishing for an embroidered outfit of your own.
18th – 21st July 2018