At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
From World Heritage sites to Michelin-starred restaurants, these are some of the best things to do with 24 hours in Budapest
Budapest is a romantic, historic city with a timeless allure that’s sure to entice visitors to stay on much longer than originally planned. But for those with a little less time to spare, it’s still possible to experience some of the city’s top draws in just a day. From views down the Danube on the Széchenyi Chain Bridge to a trip to Buda Castle, Michelin-star dining to world-class art in Budapest at the Museum of Fine Arts, and even a few hints on where to experience the best of Budapest at night, here’s our guide to 24 hours in Budapest. Perfect for the time-pushed.
It’s going to be a busy day, so make sure to start off with a bountiful breakfast at the Brasserie and Atrium at Corinthia Budapest. After attacking the buffet, set off for a morning stroll over to the Széchenyi Chain Bridge. This was the first bridge to connect Buda and Pest and offers spectacular views down the Danube; the embankments of the river and the district surrounding Buda Castle are World Heritage-listed sites.
Hop on the Funicular for an effortless ride to the top of Castle Hill – you can walk if you feel energetic, but the Funicular only takes three minutes (and offers great views). Spend an hour or two exploring the cobbled streets and beautiful Budapest architecture; many of the buildings in this historic district date back to the 13th and 14th Centuries.
If you visit only one historic site during your 24 hours in Budapest, make it Buda Castle. Highlights of the castle complex include the Hungarian National Gallery, the Budapest Historical Museum and the Szechenyi Library – something to suit every cultural whim. But if the sun’s shining and you fancy spending some time outdoors, take a walk over to Trinity Square and the impressive Matthias Church. The 19th Century Fisherman’s Bastion is also atop Castle Hill, which, in addition to being incredibly photogenic, also offers panoramic views of the city.
If you find yourself flagging after all that cultural exertion, stop off for a sugar boost at the venerable Ruszwurm. Order a coffee and a slice of their famous Doboschtorte, but make sure to leave some room for lunch.
Speaking of, take a quick 15-minute taxi ride to either Café Kor (Pest) or Csalogány 26 (Buda) to settle in for a delicious and decadent lunch. Café Kor serves a fantastic menu of pan-European dishes, while Csalogány 26 has sumptuous, nigh-on Michelin-quality food, and one of the best prix fixe menus in the city.
Walk off your lunch with a stroll around the shops on Vaci Street, ending up at the Central Market Hall. At its best at around 2pm, this is the ideal time to browse the artisanal stalls here and perhaps pick up a few presents to take home.
Spend the rest of the afternoon exploring some of the best art in Budapest at the Museum of Fine Arts, before unwinding in the sumptuous surrounds of the nearby Széchenyi Thermal Baths– the biggest of Budapest’s thermal baths. A massage would not go amiss after a day on your feet.
Since you only have 24 hours in Budapest, make sure to explore the best of Budapest at night. When it comes to dinner, make a reservation at one of the city’s Michelin-starred restaurants. And, as luck would have it, Onyx, Borkonyha, and Costes are all within easy reach of the Széchenyi Baths.
But if you get the opportunity to watch a performance at the Hungarian State Opera, don’t miss out; the Opera House itself is a wonder of neo-Renaissance architecture, and the ballets and operas it hosts are world-class.
Round off the evening with a visit to Anker’t, or one of the other nearby ruin bars in the seventh district, for drinks under the stars. The Corinthia Budapest is just a short walk away once you’re in the area, so head back whenever you’re ready and enjoy a well-earned night’s rest back in your luxurious room.