At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Only have 24 hours in Prague? How to see the city’s top sights – all in one day
Prague is a city that encourages a good, low-key amble. Its historic pubs, its river walks, its winding streets, each prettier than the last, all do their part to cultivate an air of charming indolence. But even for travellers who don’t have the luxury of time, it’s still possible to make the most of 24 hours in Prague. In just one day, you can discover the city’s ‘greatest hits,’ from Czech pilsner at Novoměstský pivovar to culture at the Museum Kampa to a stroll around the Art Nouveau wonder, Obecní dům. Part to-do list, part tantalising introduction, this itinerary will inspire you to book a return trip to the city of a hundred spires post-haste.
Following an indulgent breakfast at Let’s Eat in Corinthia Hotel Prague, begin your postprandial explorations by hopping on the C Line and going three stops north to Hlavní nádraží (be sure to admire the famously distinctive design of the Prague Metro en route). After a short stroll, you’ll find the truly splendid Obecní dům, or Municipal House. An iconic Art Nouveau landmark that dates to the turn of the 20th century, it houses a performance venue, ballroom, cafes, and shops. Take time to peruse the offerings at the fashion and design boutiques before settling in for a coffee (and perhaps a naughty slice of cake) at Kavárna Obecní dům, often called “the most beautiful café in Prague.”
When the weather is fine, there are few better places to dine than Hergetova Cihelna – with a sprawling terrace located on the banks of the Vltava, you’ve found an ideal vantage point for some of Prague’s most famous views (not to mention delicious eats). Once you’ve made the 20-minute stroll over from the Municipal House, settle in amongst the chic crowds – and treat yourself to a glass of Moravian wine alongside your meal. You do only have 24 hours in Prague, after all.
Once you’re suitably revived, it’s time to dive into some local culture. Only a seven-minute stroll down the riverbank, the Museum Kampa is Prague’s preeminent modern art venue. Both the permanent collection and the temporary exhibitions feature works by modern Czech artists, though you’re also likely to see pieces by Mondrian, Warhol, and Yoko Ono.
Quick, before the Stendhal syndrome sets in: it’s time for an afternoon drink. Once you’ve sampled some local culture, sampling some local brews is the natural next step. For the frostiest, tastiest, Czech pours, opt to while away a few pre-dinner hours at Novoměstský pivovar, a brewpub that makes its own delicious light and dark lagers on-site (unlike the biggest pubs, it will also be less crowded with tourists). Before you arrive, though, it’s worth taking a quick detour across the iconic Charles Bridge, which should look rather glorious by the light of the late afternoon sun.
After a litre or two of the local brews, we’d guess you’ll be feeling a bit peckish. While Novoměstský pivovar’s traditional pork knuckle may tempt, hold off: it’s worth splurging on an upscale dinner out. Try Parnas, where you’ll sup on roasted duck served alongside foie gras and buttered pear, or braised chicken with gnocchi, or roasted rosemary lamb, accompanied by a soundtrack of live music.
When it comes to after-dinner entertainment, Parnas is also perfectly located for what comes next: a night at the National Theatre (to which the restaurant is just adjacent). Whether it’s opera, theatre, or ballet you’re after, the quality of the performances is always exceptional, and the interior resplendent. Opt for a private box to truly drink it all in.
How better to round off a lightning Prague itinerary than with a good nightcap? Like its namesake, the Hemingway Bar certainly knows how to shake up a cocktail. Here, absinthe, Champagne, and rum are the principle spirits, mixed into delicious – and potent – concoctions. Just don’t overdo it – that might be taking one too many pages from Papa.