At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
As Corinthia launches a host of new suites, discover the secrets to creating the ultimate guestroom
On a mission to create rooms that are a cocoon of comfort and elegance for guests whilst also conveying a sense of place, Corinthia has unveiled several new and updated suites in London, Lisbon, St Petersburg and Malta, San Anton. Designed with luxurious and thoughtful touches throughout, the new suites pay tribute to the character of their respective locations and provide a chic, harmonious and relaxing environment for guests to enjoy during their stay.
To begin with, each of the suites is heavily inspired by their location and the history and culture of each destination. As Roderick Micallef, General Manager at Corinthia Lisbon explains: “Our new suites take us into the history of Portuguese heritage. A dramatic colour palette inspired by the blue seas and skies with hints of Lisbon’s yellow sunshine set the mood of the suites, inviting our guests to relax after a long day sightseeing or a busy working day. The materials of our bespoke furniture such as wood and leather are reminiscent of Portugal’s traditional crafts and arts.”
Likewise in London, luxury interior and architectural designers GA design worked hard to ensure that the new suites connected to their location and that this sense of place was considered in every detail, such as the choice of fabrics: “The design was driven by the actual locations of the suites. One was overlooking the internal courtyard – this has become the Garden Suite – we opened up the two rooms so there were balconies and doors leading out to the courtyard,” explains Simon Abela of GA design, “the theme was to try to bring the outdoors into the space, while at the same time giving a nod to the quintessential British garden.” In order to do this, the team chose to include “tactile elements in the room in the form of wall coverings made of grasscloth, printed cushions and different textures.”
Alongside the verdant Garden Suite, Corinthia London is launching the London Suite, which has a markedly different atmosphere. As Abela puts it, ‘The London Suite by contrast overlooks Whitehall. The idea is that it’s much more of a social, dynamic suite – the living and dining areas are completely separate from the bedroom. This is in contrast to the Garden Suite, which we felt was more of a tranquil little oasis. The London Suite is a reflection of what the city is about – the art, the architecture, some of which you get a great glimpse of just by looking out of the dining room window.” Furthermore, the collection of art within the suite was chosen to complement the works on display in the rest of the hotel, which Abela explains is “an ode to the ‘isms” – all the different ‘isms that British art has seen from the 1950s onwards, so cubism, impressionism and various other ‘isms represented by current UK artists.”
As well as evoking a sense of character, conveying lightness was a key factor in both suites, and this was done by beginning with a blank white canvas, “we achieved the fresh, light feel in both suites by layering art pieces and various fabrics and furnishings over a white base.” A good deal of time and care was put into even the smallest details in the suites, “every little aspect of the room has its own focus or feature – everywhere you turn there’s something interesting.”