At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Often overlooked by visitors, these lively streets are home to world cuisine, cutting-edge culture and a vibrant art scene.
Once the city’s dark underbelly, Budapest’s 8th District is now a thriving neighbourhood with a plethora of hip cultural spaces and laid-back bars. It’s also known as the Palace District, thanks to the flock of stunning 19th-century mansions constructed by the city’s nobility, and this faded glamour certainly contributes to the 8th District’s old-world-meets-new-world atmosphere. From the loveliest coffee stops to the most characterful bars and coolest art hubs, here’s where to go to enjoy its best side.
Művelődési Szint, affectionately known as Müszi, is a community cultural space in Budapest’s 8th District. Independent and wildly creative, it hosts a busy programme of lectures, film screenings, exhibitions and events that are well-attended by the city’s bohemian set. It’s a sprawling warehouse, dedicated entirely to the arts, that’s spread over a few thousand square feet, so there’s always plenty to inspire during a visit.
Warm and welcoming, Csiga Cafe is a firm neighbourhood fixture, loved for its honest menus and a décor that leans heavily on au naturel, from the well-worn wooden floors to the plethora of plants. Expect ingenious dishes such as pulled duck ciabatta sandwiches served with caper-mustard sauce, spicy tagines, fluffy scrambled eggs, and grilled goat’s cheese salads with salt-baked beetroot and caramelised onions.
Not far from Csiga, you’ll find the Rákóczi Market Hall. While the stalls piled high with fresh, gleaming produce may beckon, ignore them all and focus instead on hunting down the family-run JóKrisz Lángos Sütöde. Specialising in truly delicious lángos –traditional deep-fried flatbread – there’s a range of sweet and savoury toppings to choose from and, happily, you can’t go wrong with any of them.
With exposed brick and cool Frank Zappa murals on the walls, Zappa Bistro is charming and eclectic, and the menu is delicious. The bistro tasting platter encompasses Hungarian specialities, such as Grey Kulen beef, Mangalica pork sausage, and paprika bacon, while the goulash and beef stew are both rich and rib-sticking. For added entertainment value, the stylish basement downstairs often puts on events and concerts.
Lumen is a dedicated hands-on venue; the team here roast their own coffee beans and pour out thoughtfully selected vintages from boutique local wineries. The restaurant has a seasonal menu and there’s an outdoor terrace on which to enjoy it when the sun shines. Lumen’s erstwhile industrial identity remains as a cool echo in the décor, and an edgy line-up of concerts and plays makes this the slickest entertainment venue in Budapest’s 8th District.
Serving dinner only, Padron is a stylish, family-run tapas restaurant that offers an authentic menu of Spanish classics, including its eponymous dish, padrón peppers fried and sprinkled with sea salt. Among the usual tapas suspects, there’s excellent morcilla, gambas pil-pil, jamón serrano croquettes and patatas bravas. To round off the meal, a bottle from the curated list of Hungarian and Spanish wine is just the thing.
Hot coffee, cold beer, good music and people watching – Krúdy Söröző is all about the simple pleasures. It’s a simple neighbourhood bar, which means there’s nothing flashy here, but what it lacks in glamour it more than makes up for with charm.