At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Sample the Czech Republic’s national liqueur and discover how the city’s best bartenders are using it to create modern cocktails
Beer may be the national drink of the Czech Republic, but Becherovka is its national spirit. A 200-year-old concoction that’s made according to a closely guarded secret recipe, the potent beverage contains over 20 botanicals and is still widely available today. Try it for yourself in Lounge 62 at Corinthia Hotel Prague, where it’s served in one of the bar’s signature cocktails, the Bohemian.
Becherovka is an aromatic herbal liqueur that’s native to the Czech Republic, and has been produced there since the late 18th century. The Becherovka story began with Josef Vitus Becher, a Czech businessman with a keen interest in spirits who set about creating his own tipple which he sold in his shop in the spa town of Karlovy Vary. In 1839, his son Jan Becher took over the family business and, having been given a recipe for a restorative herbal by the personal doctor of Prince Maximilian Freidrich von Plettenberg, decided to develop his father’s original spirit. Becher perfected the recipe over many years before selling it to customers as an English Bitter that could aid stomach upset.
The drink soon grew in popularity and by the 1830s it was available as far afield as Paris, before expanding into the rest of Europe and eventually America. In the socialist era of Czechoslovakia, Becherovka was one of the most famous exports, with its distinctive, eye-catching bottle design, green colouring and flat silhouette.
In 1941, Hedda Becher became the first female head of the company. Despite having been forced to turn over the original Becherovka recipe to the communist regime during the war, Hedda was able to make an identical version from memory and it’s this version that’s still enjoyed today. Made naturally without any chemical preservatives or artificial ingredients, the secret recipe contains distilled water, sugar and a special mixture of herbs and seasoning.
Delicious drunk neat, Becherovka also makes a great base for cocktails. The easiest of these is the Beton, which was first concocted in 1967 and simply involves adding good quality tonic water to the spirit. Those wishing to experiment can go a step further by adding different combinations of fruit and herbs. Moreover, Becherovka’s distinctive botanical flavour, which includes notes of cinnamon, orange and clove, works well as both an aperitif and digestif, so much so that Prague’s best cocktail bars have come up with their own imaginative ways to use the 200-year-old drink.
At Lounge 62, the deliciously fruity Bohemian cocktail is made with an invigorating mix of Becherovka, mango, pineapple and a squeeze of lemon juice, serving as the perfect aperitif or pick-me-up. At Prague’s famous Hemingway Bar, Becherovka is infused with ghee butter in the Bohemian Puzzle cocktail, which also incorporates an aromatic blend of orange brandy, lemon juice, marmalade and Perrier Jouet Champagne.
What started life as a herbal digestive aid in a Czech spa town in the early 1800s has become one of the country’s most iconic and loved products. A constant in Czech history since the early 19th century, the distinctly flavoured Becherovka has been given a new lease of life by Prague’s top mixologists and, however you choose to drink it, it’s guaranteed to provide visitors with a taste of Czech culture in a glass.