At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Embark on a tour of this beautiful city and experience a window into this bygone, decadent era through the eyes of one of its formative artists
Ornate flowers, decorative scrawl, and seductive, scantily clad women: even a century on, Art Nouveau has left its imprint on our artistic tastes. Somewhat short-lived, the Art Nouveau style flourished for just a few short years in the 1890s and early 1900s, appearing in every European capital. But despite its popularity across Europe (just take a look at the Paris Métro stations), there are few cities that come close to Prague in its enduring adoration of all things Art Nouveau.
For the uninitiated, Art Nouveau is easy to recognise because it’s as beautiful as it is over-the-top. Pieces from this period are distinct for their pastel hues, their graceful, curving shapes, their heavy outlines, and their subject matter – over-embellished flowers and the aforementioned women, falling out of their robes.
And if there’s a single name behind the movement, it has to be that of Alphonse Mucha. The father of Prague Art Nouveau, Mucha was Czech by birth, though he divided his working life between Prague and Paris. Best known for his iconic posters – which adorn café walls and inspire tattoo sleeves around the world – Mucha created many of his works in partnership with scandalous French starlet Sarah Bernhardt.
Despite spending the peak of his career in bohemian Paris, (who could resist the charms of Montmartre?) a number of his works can also be found in the Czech Republic, offering the perfect excuse for a Prague Art Nouveau tour. The most obvious stop for those seeking a primer is the Mucha Museum – a small but well curated collection that brings together paintings, photos, prints, drawings, and other personal mementos, including never before seen pages from his Paris-era sketchbooks. St. Vitus Cathedral, Prague’s main cathedral within the castle walls, holds Mucha-commissioned rainbow stained glass windows in the northern end of the nave – though fewer partially-clothed damsels here!
But Mucha didn’t disappear after Art Nouveau had fallen out of fashion – just take a look at his Slav Epic, temporarily on display in the Veletržní Palace until 2015. Considered by the artist himself to be his greatest work, the collection redefines “huge” with 20 giant-sized canvases, each of which cover multiple metres.
And beyond Mr. Mucha’s blockbuster works? Thankfully, there were many more members of the Prague Art Nouveau family who were hard at work at the turn-of-the-century. A number of grand hotels evoke the bygone decadence of the Art Nouveau era, including Hotel Europa, Hotel Central, and the Art Nouveau Palace Hotel. Decorated varyingly with embellished text, vines, ornate scrolls, and busts of female figures, these buildings provide a stylish window into the city’s past.
The Municipal House’s stately exterior and ornate interior are littered with artistic references; it’s no surprise that Mucha himself, alongside a number of his contemporaries, had a hand in its decoration.