At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
From the best breakfast in Lisbon to its most exciting neighbourhoods, award-winning actress Beatriz Batarda tells us about her favourite haunts in the Portuguese capital
The British-born Portuguese actress Beatriz Batarda was named as one of the Shooting Stars of European film in 1998. Since then, her rise has been swift. She has received numerous awards for her performances in films including Quaresma and Noite Escura, and starred alongside some of Europe’s acting royalty on stage and screen. Beatriz shares her impressions of Lisbon, her advice for visitors and her ideal day in the city where she grew up.
It’s been reported that as a child, you didn’t want to be an actress. What did you want to be?
I remember when I was six years old I wanted to be a trapeze artist and work in a circus! I was crazy for James Stewart, who starred alongside Charlton Heston in The Greatest Show on Earth.
What are you working on at the moment?
I’m currently on stage at the Teatro Nacional Dona Maria II in Lisbon, starring in Teatro, a meta-theatrical play by the French playwright Pascal Rambert. Next year, I’ll be preparing and performing in my company’s new show, Arena Ensemble, and then filming a feature film on migration movements and despair in Great Yarmouth with Marco Martins. You can catch me in a new eight-part television series on RTP called Sara – I play the title role. It’s an amazing project and it’s been an incredible experience.
You’ve worked alongside some giants of the stage and screen, like Jeremy Irons and Christopher Lee, but who inspired the young Beatriz Batarda to train as an actress?
Funnily enough, Jeremy Irons played a really important role in how I learned the English ‘sound’, which then helped my acting. I was given an audiobook of Evelyn Waugh’s Brideshead Revisited, which was narrated by Jeremy.
If a friend were visiting Lisbon for the first time, where would you take them?
I would take them to visit the emblematic neighbourhoods of Alfama, Bairro Alto, Mouraria, Castelo and Chiado. And always by foot.
What do you think people outside Portugal get wrong about Lisboans?
I guess we are perceived to be people that complain about the country malfunctioning, but the reality is that we are educated people with little economic power. I also think it’s fair to say that Lisboans are very respectful of others.
How would you spend an ideal day in Lisbon?
I’d start with breakfast at Esplanada Principe Real, then continue with a walk to Jardim Botânico to find a spot to read or draw. I’d then head to the district of Bairro Alto for fresh fish at Cantinho do Bem Estar. I’d spend the evening at the opera at Teatro Nacional São Carlos and have dinner at the two Michelin-starred Belcanto restaurant.
Do you have any Lisbon insider secrets you’d care to share with us?
Yes, try coming during the Santo António festivities – it’s great fun.