At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Make the most of al fresco London at these fantastic outdoor dining destinations across the city
Summer is finally upon us and with the long days and glorious weather (fingers crossed) comes the perfect excuse for long, languorous dinners outdoors. In the spirit of summer, Corinthia London has been welcoming guests to its brand new Garden Lounge, an The Garden Lounge at Corinthia London exclusive outdoor area serving food, refreshments and a special cigar menu. Decorated with gold, cream and terracotta mosaics and dotted with terrarium plants, this is an idyllic setting for summer evenings. But for when you fancy venturing beyond the bounds of the hotel, we’ve found the best places to make the most of al fresco London. From post-shopping venues like Vintage Salt to museum spaces like the Serpentine Bar & Kitchen and Gallery Mess, these are our favourite outdoor dining destinations in London.
Set far above the hustle and bustle of Oxford Street, up on the rooftop of Selfridges, Vintage Salt is an oasis of calm in the heart of the city. Conjuring the Cornish seaside with light seasonal salads, grills and that most British of aperitifs, the classic G&T, all served up with some stunning skyline views, this might be just what the doctor ordered after an afternoon of shopping.
With one of the loftiest locations in London, SUSHISAMBA offers the highest outdoor dining terraces in Europe. Perched up on the 38th and 39th floors of the Heron Tower in Bishopsgate, the views here are jaw dropping, sweeping out over the city in all directions. Book a table on the 39th floor to enjoy a delicate blend of Japanese, Brazilian and Peruvian cuisine served up in an open-top dining space, crisscrossed with bamboo and strung with fairy lights.
From one rooftop to another. One of the very best places to experience al fresco London, The Roof Gardens in Kensington offers beautiful themed gardens and a flock of resident flamingos, as well as contemporary British cuisine and fresh seafood on the terrace at Babylon restaurant.
You’d never doubt your London location with a view that encompasses St Paul’s Cathedral, the Tower of London and the Bank of England, but the fine French fare at Coq d’Argent might briefly trick you into believing you were across the channel. A welcome retreat above the busy London streets, the leafy rooftop terrace at Coq d’Argent is a great choice for sunny summer days.
An eternally popular spot for outdoor dining in London, Tom’s Kitchen Terrace sits right on the banks of the Thames, just outside Somerset House. Sip expertly made cocktails, snack on delicious small plates and drink in some of the best views in London along both sides of the river. Open from May until October, this annual pop-up has become a favourite feature of al fresco London.
The Ivy Chelsea Garden serves British food and refreshing cocktails all day – a rallying cry for those looking for a sophisticated outdoor space in which to while away an afternoon. Brunch and afternoon tea in particular are sensational here, best enjoyed in the open air and softly scented by the fragrance of the nearby orangery.
Al fresco London is treat enough when the weather allows, but throw in a beautiful lakefront restaurant and we’d wager you might never leave. Serpentine Bar & Kitchen is perfectly placed on the edge of Hyde Park’s Serpentine Lake, and offers some of the best informal outdoor dining in the city. Order from a family-friendly menu of wood-fired pizzas and British classics like fish and chips, or visit the pop-up BBQ and Gin bar.
Missing even a minute of the long-awaited summer sunshine in London feels wrong somehow – even when there is world-class art on offer. But at Gallery Mess, thanks to their incredible art collection and bright, breezy outdoor dining and drinking space, you don’t have to choose. And if it starts to rain, just pop into the Saatchi Gallery proper – admission is free for the exhibitions.