At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
When it comes to Malta sightseeing tours, traditional isn’t always better. From Segway rides to jeep safaris and horse riding, we explore the best alternative ways to see the island
Walking tours are so 2015. This year, it’s all about the weird and wonderful ways to explore Malta’s best sites and attractions. Valletta Segway tours are a great way to see the city. To explore the island’s countryside, quad bike riding and jeep safaris are great for tracking down hidden spots while getting an adrenaline rush. Feel the urge to get back to nature? There’s always horse riding and kayaking tours. Whatever your style, follow this guide to Malta sightseeing tours with a twist and let the journey become an experience in itself.
At the start of the century, the Segway was a futuristic concept ahead of its time. Nowadays, the self-balancing vehicle is a popular tool for sightseeing and adds an edge to the traditional tour. Instead of taking a slow walking tour of Valletta, why not speed through the capital on a pair of wheels and see the city’s many historical sights in record time, without breaking a sweat. If balance isn’t your forte, don’t worry; Segway is much easier (and safer) to handle than new-age hoverboards. Excursions in Malta offers Segway tours of Valletta and the traditional village of Dingli.
Cars can only get you so far in Malta. To really explore the countryside, you’ll need an off-roading vehicle. Jeep safaris, offered by companies such as Captain Morgan, take visitors to a range of popular sites and hard-to-reach places. During such a tour, guests can feel the need for speed with an exhilarating drive right to the cliff’s edge at Dingli, continue along the northern coast to gaze at the beautiful beaches, and venture into the remote areas less frequented by visitors. If a Jeep doesn’t get the adrenaline pumping, Captain Morgan also offers tours in a chauffeur driven Landrover Defender.
While cycling across Malta is fun, why stick to two wheels when you can have four? Quad bike riding tours are great way to explore while getting the adrenaline pumping, and usually range from a couple of hours to a full day. Excursions in Malta’s full day trip takes riders on an action-packed discovery of many the island’s key sights, including Mizieb, Red Tower, Popeye Village, Golden Bay (where there’s a pit stop and lunch), Mgarr, Fomm Ir-Rih, Mtahleb, the silent city of Mdina, Rabat, Dingli Cliffs, and Blue Grotto.
Whether you’re exploring local villages or taking in stunning coastal views, every experience is more exciting when you’re on horseback. Local riding schools like Golden Bay Horse Riding and Bidnija Horse Riding organise expeditions along a multitude of beautiful routes, such as the northern coastline, the unspoiled countryside of Bidnija and the picturesque villages of Mellieħa and Wardija. Both enjoyable and rewarding, horse riding is a unique way to explore the island and get back to nature.
See the island from a fresh perspective by commandeering a kayak. The most energetic of our alternative Malta sightseeing tours, kayaking gives visitors the chance to explore the island’s secluded caves and hidden coves, while working off those hearty Maltese meals. Gozo Adventures offers sea kayaking tours of L’0Ahrax Point, Golden Bay and St Paul’s Island, where guests can enter the Xemxija Bay caves – famously used as water entries to bunkers during WWII.