At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
The artists, the galleries, the neighbourhoods: Here’s where to tap the essence of Piter’s creative scene.
Having historically nurtured a bank of creative genii that counts Pushkin, Dostoyevsky, Fabergé and Tchaikovsky among its protégés, St Petersburg is no stranger to immense talent. Fast forward to its contemporary creative scene, and Russia’s capital of culture continues to compete fiercely in the global art market. Anna Nova Gallery is one of the city’s most exciting independent art spaces. It puts on a compelling rotation of exhibitions that star both rising and established local names, veering from experimental film to massive installations. Here, Anna Nova Gallery’s Sasha Karpova shares the names to note in St Petersburg’s art scene and what we can look forward to seeing at the gallery in the coming months.
How would you describe St Petersburg’s contemporary art scene?
Wild, poetic, democratic and dynamic. It’s attracting a lot of investment right now.
Who are the most exciting local artists to watch?
The wildest art group for consistently provocative and deeply engaging work has to be North-7. Alexander Dashevskiy is Russia’s best contemporary figurative painter, and for abstract paintings, Vlad Kulkov is incredibly talented. Keep an eye on Egor Kraft for his recent contributions to media art. For photography, Uldus Bakhtiozina’s captures are simply outstanding.
Which upcoming exhibitions at Anna Nova Gallery are you most excited about?
Definitely Summer camp 07/19 by the local art co-operative North-7, on until 12th October. This show is an attempt to explore and reveal the experiences of a typical teen summer camp. We discover the rituals of the younger generation, sing Russian Ark with Monetochka, tumble off a skateboard to face-plant on the asphalt and draw some taboo graffiti in fluorescent green—just as we wished we could do in childhood—on the walls of the gallery in the centre of the city.
Are there any other galleries in St Petersburg that you admire?
We recommend a visit to our good friends, Marina Gisich Gallery, where you can enjoy a new solo photography show by Peter Belyi.
What does an ideal day off in St Petersburg look like?
Start your day exploring the Hermitage Museum, enjoying its incredible collection of masterpieces. Then take a walk to visit some of the city’s contemporary art galleries, including Anna Nova Gallery, of course. There are usually some local artists in the galleries that you can meet and chat to. A perfect end to the day would be on a boat trip beneath the open bridges.
Where can visitors experience the real spirit of St Petersburg?
To really feel the spirit of the city, you should visit the Hermitage. There’s also a magnificent collection of the Russian avant-garde in the State Russian Museum. In terms of neighbourhoods that capture the best of St Petersburg, take a walk through the historic Kolomna district. It’s beautiful there.