At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
St Petersburg-born artist Marina Fedorova shares her guide to her hometown, from where she finds creative inspiration to must-try Russian dishes
Born in St Petersburg, artist Marina Fedorova still lives and works in the city. An award-winning painter, Fedorova has exhibited her evocative work all over the world and participated in exclusive art fairs such as Art Paris and Art Moscow. Growing up towards the end of the Soviet era, Fedorova witnessed Leningrad’s transition to St Petersburg first hand and is an expert in finding the city’s most atmospheric spots that tell an important part of its story, from elegant gardens to an abandoned shipping yard and the delights of the redeveloped New Holland island. She shares her tips for visitors exploring the city and explains why after-dark sightseeing is one of her favourite pastimes.
What are your first memories of St Petersburg?
My first memory is when I was three years old and my granny took me to Moscow Victory Park in the Moskovsky district. I remember admiring the beautifully dressed people walking in the park and noticing all the patriotic sculptures, listening to the band play and eating an ice cream that seemed to me the best in the world! It’s a very happy childhood memory for me.
You spilt your time between St Petersburg and Munich. When you arrive back in St Petersburg, what are the first things you do?
Every time I arrive back to St Petersburg – particularly if it’s summer and dusk – I like to take a stroll along Nevsky Prospect, the main street in the city which has been the site of many historic happenings.
Describe a perfect day for you in St Petersburg?
I would say that my perfect day in St Petersburg would be during the period of White Nights – it feels like a constant holiday! I’d have a leisurely brunch, take a walk in Summer Garden (I studied at the nearby Saint Petersburg Art and Industry Academy), maybe enjoy a boat trip along canals and have dinner with friends in one of the open-air restaurants in the evening.
If you’re in search of artistic inspiration in the city, where do you go?
As an artist, one of my favourite areas of the city is Petrogradka. I find it has such a romantic atmosphere, as well as a bit of decadence. I love the Art Nouveau style of architecture and the fact that it’s close to Krestovskii island, which is especially picturesque during the autumn.
What dishes must visitors try whilst in the city?
I wouldn’t say I’m a gourmet expert, but I always tell visitors to the city that they must try ‘Russian salad’ (salad Olivier in Russian), cottage cheese pancakes and Oblepiha (buckthorn) tea.
After dark, where are you most likely to be found in St Petersburg?
It might sound strange, but I like to take a drive in the centre of the city, down the embankment of the Neva river. The twinkling lights of the buildings and riverside location create a picturesque setting even after dark.
Where do you like to take friends who are visiting the city from out of town?
I like to take my friends and guests to the Museum of Contemporary Art, as it always has a wide variety of exhibitions and something to suit every taste, and they also have a great restaurant. The New Holland area is fantastic year-round; in winter you can expect ice skating, Christmas fairs and activities for kids, whilst in summer there’s a good schedule of events, concerts and night life.
Have you discovered any secret spots in the city that you can share with us?
When I’m in need of some time alone, I often head to the abandoned part of the Sea Port area of the city. I love the collection of old ships and boats left there as it reminds me of the famous sci-fi film Stalker, directed by Andrei Tarkovsky.