At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Rising from the ashes of economic downturn like a creative phoenix, art in Lisbon is now in the midst of a startling rebirth
The golden age of art in Lisbon may have happened back when Vasco da Gama was still strutting around town, but the city looks like it’s poised on the cusp of a new one. Rising from the ashes of economic downturn like a creative phoenix, art in Lisbon is now in the midst of a startling rebirth.
Not solely confined to museums and traditional galleries, Lisbon’s artistic nature is visible in the streets, where street art and colourful graffiti isn’t just scrawled on walls, but immortalised on officially commissioned “exhibition spaces”. The city’s start-up incubators hail digital revolution while its new generation of contemporary Lisbon galleries, cool concept stores, and creative hubs in the area of Alcântara, draw artists from across the globe. Art in Lisbon is fully its own creation. Get knee-deep in colour – figuratively, we think – at the city’s thriving creative corners.
Sorry Vasco, these days, it’s all about the contemporary Lisbon galleries and emerging artistic voices. In the trendy Chiado neighbourhood, the 3+1 Contemporary Art Gallery showcases both local and international artists, while the Alecrim 50 Galeria de Arte celebrates rising stars in the Portuguese art world. But not all Lisbon galleries have traditional formats: the Montana Shop & Gallery is a vibrantly urban celebration of street art, with cans of spray paint and on-trend clothing sold alongside the paintings on the wall.
The ex-industrial area of Alcântara tells its own microcosmic story of the city’s regeneration and the revolution in avant-garde art in Lisbon: once full of crumbling factories, the area is, these days, one of Lisbon’s creative hubs. It’s here that you’ll find LX Factory – and, given its titanic scale, it shouldn’t prove difficult to locate. Inside the complex you’ll find a sprawling network of design firms, bars, bookshops, restaurants, boutiques – and, surprise! – graffiti. Another of the creative hubs is the Fábrica do Braço de Prata, which offers a similar scope: though it was once an artillery factory, these days it comprises gallery spaces, book stores, and places to dine, and also draws young and creative crowds with concerts and evening performances.
Enjoying art in Lisbon doesn’t have to be passive – in Lisbon’s concept stores you can take home a piece of the city’s ineffable style. Príncipe Real – currently anointed as the city’s coolest neighbourhood – hosts 21pr, a concept shop that hones in on Portuguese craft products, from clothing and chocolates to jewellery and gourmet hampers. Nearby Embaixada, meanwhile, spreads its so-called “Conceptual Shopping Gallery” across two venues in the neighbourhood, one of which is the Ribeiro da Cunha Palace, a 19th century local landmark. Between the two, shoppers will find capsule collections of jewellery, fashion, alongside art galleries and dining en plein air.
Is it even possible to muse on the city’s artistic aesthetic without imaging the bold shapes and primary colours present in Lisbon street art? Here, graffiti is elevated far beyond vandalism or temporary scrawl. The city’s de-facto “open air galleries” (i.e., spray-painted streets) are always worth a browse. The Amoreiras Wall features an ever-changing tableau of works by big-name street artists, while the Galeria de Arte Urbana commissions celebrated Portuguese street artists the likes of Add Fuel, Pedro Matos, Wasted Rita, and Dwelle. Don’t feel like making a quest? Simply keep your eyes peeled for art in Lisbon: works by artists like Os Gemeos, Blu, and C215 abound on building sites, old industrial spaces, and, well, pretty much everywhere else.