At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Russian ballerina Ekaterina Kondaurova talks ballet, tips for visitors, and her love of St Petersburg
Russian prima ballerina Ekaterina Kondaurova is a force to be reckoned with. A critically-acclaimed, award-winning ballet dancer, she has stolen the heart of Russian ballet with her strong character and distinctive style. Born in Moscow and trained in St Petersburg, Ekaterina dances with the Mariinsky Ballet, where you’ll often catch her playing leading roles in world-famous productions. We sat down with Ekaterina, fresh off the stage of Swan Lake, to talk about her love of Russian ballet and her home, St Petersburg.
How did your passion for the beautiful art of ballet first come about?
I don’t remember the moment when I felt the passion. I remember that I had gone to study dance for my general development and I really liked it. The time came when I had to choose between piano and dance. I thought ballet was easier as you’re not just sitting in the same place. That’s how it developed and there was no stopping me.
Did you find growing up in Russia aided you as an aspiring dancer?
Yes, of course. For me, the Russian ballet school is at the very top. It suits my taste. And, of course, you take on board the things you are surrounded by, whatever environment you are brought up and educated in. I was raised on Russian ballet; I went to Russian theatre and saw what our performers do. That also proved to be an influence.
Were there any Russian ballerinas who inspired you as a child?
I have always been inspired by someone but there was no one ballerina that I wanted to be like. When I was young, Ekaterina Maximova seemed incredible to me in ballet films. In my childhood, when I lived in Moscow, I often went to the Stanislavsky Theatre to watch Svetlana Tsoi dance. Now, I am often inspired by unexpected people who perform their roles in such a way that I want to be like them.
You’ve been performing with the Mariinsky Ballet since 2001. Why is the company so important to you?
The fact that the company is special for me is beyond question. I was born in Moscow and for the first years I trained there, but ever since I moved to St Petersburg to study at the Vaganova Academy, there has been no other theatre for me than the Mariinsky. My entire life was built towards my dream of coming to this theatre. It is undoubtedly special, a home-from-home, and for me, the greatest theatre in the world.
You’ve just performed in Swan Lake – one of the most beautiful and well-known ballet productions in the world. What is it that makes this ballet so special?
Firstly, Tchaikovsky’s music makes it special. It is brilliantly laid out and forms a masterpiece together with the choreography. Secondly, it’s a ballet in which the ballerina can show different facets. The two acts are completely different and the heroines are like two sides of the same coin – good and evil, which exists in everyone. And how can you not like a story about love? There is a fairy-tale, there is a miracle, and it all draws you in.
Your work enables you to visit stunning places the world over, but St Petersburg is your home. What do you love most about the city?
I can’t say why I love this city. I just really, really love it. How did it so bewitch me? I don’t know, probably in every aspect. With its unusual stylishness, its beauty and, at the same time, its greyness. This balance creates magic. Often tourists come here just for the White Nights – a time when it is very hard not to fall in love with the city. But it’s also wonderful in every season – I love it even when it’s grey and gloomy.
What are the must-see attractions everyone should visit in St Petersburg?
There is a huge amount to see in St Petersburg. The State Hermitage Museum must be seen, and a week wouldn’t be enough to scrape the surface. Also, go to the royal palaces of Pavlovsk and Pushkin – they’re well worth the journey. For me, to understand the essence of the city and its spirit, you should spend a great deal of time walking. It doesn’t matter in what direction or where you are going, just walk along the streets, the canals and along the Fontanka Embankment – that’s when you discover the city for yourself.
Are there any secret spots that only locals know?
Along the paths and streets that are a little further from the main sights there’s often a secret place to discover, such as the Golitsyn Loft. It’s hard to find, there are no signs or a main entrance – you pass under an archway and inside you discover different cafes, little restaurants and Russian designers’ shops. I think visitors would find that interesting.
Where can visitors find the best restaurants or bars?
Many restaurants are opening here now, especially on Rubinstein Street. For me, my favourites are two gastro-pubs – Tar-tar and Duo. For friends who know anything about food, I wouldn’t hesitate in recommending them and I know visitors won’t be disappointed.
What would you recommend to those who wish to experience the real Russia?
You can really only do that with those involved in traditions and culture, meaning speaking to Russians to understand Russia. Reading about it and studying books won’t lead to a proper result or a real understanding. The more Russian friends and acquaintances you have the better you will understand Russia.