At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Colourful painted fishing boats. Sleek super yachts. Giant cruise liners. These beautiful harbours in Malta are a must for boating enthusiasts
Whether sailing a private yacht or enjoying a walk along the coast, Malta’s marinas are beautiful spots at which to spend a sunny summer’s afternoon. The archipelago is one of the most important maritime hubs of the Mediterranean Sea and the islands are lined with natural and manmade ports. Follow our guide to the most beautiful harbours in Malta and discover the charms of Valletta’s Grand Harbour, the colourful Marsaxlokk, Gozo’s Mgarr Harbour, and many more.
Grand Harbour is not only one of the most spectacular harbours in Malta, it’s one of the most impressive in the world. An important hub of Maltese maritime history, the harbour is flanked by the striking capital of Valletta on one side and the historical towns of Vittoriosa, Senglea and Cospicua on the other. Fort St Elmo and Fort Ricasoli stand guard the head of the port, while its mouth is guarded by the commanding Fort St Angelo, a historic defence fortress. The harbour has many berths catering to yachts, visiting cruise liners and cargo vessels, with Vittoriosa Yacht Marina home to the super yachts of the rich and famous, making it a popular attraction for boating enthusiasts.
On the other side of Valletta lies Marsamxett Harbour. Filled predominantly with leisure vessels, the harbour has a number of berthing filled with the boats of visitors and locals. In the middle of the harbour is Manoel Island, home to Fort Manoel – an 18th century fortification built by the Order of Saint John. Sail directly to the island or access it by a single road from the mainland.
On the south side of Malta, alongside the fishing village of Marsaxlokk, is a beautiful harbour of the same name. Marsaxlokk harbour is famous for its brightly painted fishing boats, known as luzzus. The boats are traditionally decorated with blue, yellow, red and green stripes, and feature a pair of painted eyes on the bow. While the harbour is less popular with visitors due to its distance from the capital, it’s worth a visit if not just to gaze at the boats and dine on fresh seafood at the harbour’s restaurants. There’s also a popular fish market on Sundays.
St Julian’s Bay, close to Corinthia Hotel St George’s Bay, borders the thriving area of St Julian’s. The bay is home to a number of harbours, including Portomaso Marina, a popular place to moor yachts and super yachts, and several small bays where boat enthusiasts take their vessels out for a spin. Spinola Bay, a small cove lined with restaurants and bars, is one such place, which sees an influx of boats on a sunny day.
While there are many beautiful harbours in Malta to explore, it’s also worth sailing over to Gozo, the second largest of the Maltese islands. The main port of Gozo is Mgarr Harbour, a beautiful marina with a number of births, including a super yachts area for those extra special vessels. After dismounting at the harbour, there are plenty of things to do close by. Gozo is greener and more rural than Malta, and is a thriving hub of adventure sports, water sports, culture and nightlife.