At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
From the city’s best barbers to its finest clothiers, visit these venues to become a quintessential London gentleman
First and foremost, a London gentleman needs to look the part…and that means being immaculately groomed. Get some length off the sides, a close shave, or even just a bread trim (if that’s the sort of gentlemanly look you’re going for) with a Gentleman’s Topiary spa experience at ESPA Life at Corinthia. A true gentleman knows when he’s ready for his close up.
Peckish after your grooming session? It’s but a quick jaunt to Fortnum & Mason, that bastion of classic Britishness. Meander through the prestigious department store’s famed Food Hall, where you can find treats as varied as potted Stilton, Cornish clotted cream biscuits, and whisky-dosed marmalade. And don’t forget to visit the exemplary tea department.
An early snack is a good choice – there’s no sense in getting crumbs on your finest outfit. Best to do a bit of shopping post-repast, then. Turnbull & Asser on Jermyn Street is a bespoke shirtmaker and clothier, which ensures that whatever you purchase will fit you to a tee. Alternatively, a custom tie is sure to mark out a true gentleman.
And what would a London gentleman be without his cigar? (A good bit less relaxed, we’d wager). If you’re in the market for a few exceptional smokes, make your way to Fox of St James, the world’s oldest cigar merchants. A walk-in humidor makes for remarkably pleasant sampling – and, given that Churchill was a customer, you can assume that this will be highly enjoyable sampling.
What better way to follow up a lovely Cuban than with a tipple of something highly quaffable? Make your way to Berry Bros & Rudd, long the purview of gentlemen with discerning palates. The wine merchant was established all the way back in 1698 (for context, that’s when Peter the Great was in charge of Russia), and today, the shop’s eight elite Masters of Wine have pruned a selection of more than 5,000 stunning vintages.
Looking for something a little more potent? Sounds like a drop of whisky is in order. Milroy’s of Soho has pedigree – the specialist retailer has been selling the water of life since 1965 – though it’s also been the subject of a brand new renovation, revealing a secretive little tasting bar in the basement.
Nothing’s quite so satisfying for a gentleman than a post-tippling meander round a bookstore. The obvious choice for bibliophiles is Heywood Hill, which specialises not only in newer books, but in antiquarian finds as well. In fact, its reputation has preceded it all the way to Buckingham Palace: the Queen herself is an avowed patron.
Now it’s time to prepare for a gentlemanly evening out – i.e., it’s time to accessorise. At Dunhill, gents on the go can pick up a butter-soft leather wallet or some eye catching cufflinks…or, for the dandies, a handkerchief decorated in a wild flower print.
A London gentleman might as well be nude if he strolls out in public without his hat. Amend the indignity with a quick trip to Bates, a fine hatter that’s been found on Jermyn Street since 1898. Here, gentleman can don (and then doff) fedoras, trilbies, and panamas to their head’s content.
Cap off your gentlemanly excursions with panache at Bassoon and put your best newly-shod foot forward with an English Tea Punch, a truly British infusion of Bombay Sapphire Gin and jasmine tea. Then, let the sounds of live music wash over you as the ivories are well and truly tickled in this den of sophistication.