At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Our pick of the finest restaurants in Malta for open-air dining, from waterside addresses to historic courtyard eateries
In a country that spends most of its days bathed in sunshine – feeling a twinge of jealousy yet? – it’s only natural that al fresco dining is de rigeur in Malta. After a day spent diving or sprawled on a secluded beach, who, after all, wants to retreat to a dark interior come dinnertime? Instead, combine fine dining with a gentle evening breeze at the top al fresco restaurants in Malta. From the sun-drenched terraces at Rampila Restaurant and Baia Beach Club to the charming courtyards at Ciappetti and Ta’Frenc, these eateries will keep you out ‘till the early hours.
Not willing to travel far from your sunbed? Then try casual dining at its finest at the family-friendly Summer Kitchen where a warm smile and a menu packed with local and international favourites come as standard. Serving up a range of homemade pizzas, moreish appetizers and exotic salads, all from the finest ingredients, why not enjoy a Sea Breeze while supping under the stars.
High-end Ta’ Frenc ranks among the top destination restaurants in Malta, both for its culinary ethos as well as its location. Occupying a historic farmhouse, the Gozo-based restaurant tempts diners outdoors with a balmy courtyard for dining and a fragrant herb garden for aperitif sipping. As for the cuisine, the bulk of the ingredients are locally sourced, including fresh produce from farmers in the Marsalforn Valley, meat supplied by a butcher in Xagħra, and vegetables grown on-site – even the salt is locally cultivated.
Family-run hospitality, locally sourced ingredients, and a lovely interior courtyard entwined with vine leaves and washed in sunlight: no wonder The Medina was recently named Malta’s best restaurant. Situated within Mdina, Malta’s old capital, the little enclave was once a Norman residence. In winter, its fireplaces are warming, but those after sun would do well to nab one of those coveted courtyard covers.
Situated in the heart of Valletta, Rampila Restaurant hosts a generous terrace overlooking the historic city (while newer landmarks, including Renzo Piano’s City Gate, are also in sight). The terrace itself has plenty of history of its own: as part of the city’s 16th-century fortifications, this stony stretch used to house guns and cannons. These days, the spot is entirely more peaceable, with olive trees and a fountain – and is an ideal venue to linger over fresh seafood. For those after postprandial amusement, the restaurant complex also houses a separate wine bar and even a miniature museum.
Located at the water’s edge in Valletta, the stylish Harbour Club is a popular addition to the city’s dining scene – and those stellar views of the Grand Harbour are only part of the reason why. Once you’ve scored an in-demand terrace spot, the menu does the talking: it’s hard to resist Mediterranean-fresh plates like grilled grouper with braised chicory and white and green asparagus millefoglie with Parmesan cream. Or a few Negronis.
As far as restaurants in Malta go, it doesn’t get much lovelier than Ciappetti. Run by a husband-and-wife team in the petite city of Mdina, the restaurant’s medieval interior (the building dates to the Norman era, and also features elements dating from Malta’s Arabic period) is certainly welcoming, though it’s the stony courtyard – filled with twining grape vines and fragrant orange trees – that’s best-suited to al fresco types. For a traditional meal, begin with rabbit stew and finish with a deep-fried date pastry.
Balanced just above Għar Lapsi – one of Malta’s more picturesque swimming holes – Blue Creek, thanks to its cliff-top location, offers truly staggering views of the aquamarine seas that stretch to the horizon. Needless to say, a terrace table is simply the only place to enjoy a meal here. It’s no surprise that seafood is the specialty, nor that the wine list features an impressive selection of Maltese vintages.