At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Whether you’re looking for a stunning sun trap, a place to explore, or movie star settings, these beaches in Portugal have it all
Portugal is known for its beautiful beaches, but with so many sandy shores to choose from, it would take weeks to discover them all. From the world-famous beaches of the Algarve to the coves of Cascais and the movie star beauty of Praia do Guincho, we’ve selected some of the finest sandy stretches to lay down your beach towel and soak up some rays. Take a look at our guide to the best beaches in Portugal next time you visit us in Lisbon.
Pick up a postcard of Portugal and you’ll probably see The Algarve. As the country’s southernmost region, it has the best weather and one of the most beautiful coastlines in Europe. Whitewashed villages sit on white cliffs overlooking picturesque sandy coves and clear Mediterranean waters. When it comes to beaches, sun-seekers are inundated with options. While popular stretches like Monte Gordo and Praia de Tavira attract the most visitors, the quieter coves are arguably more charming. Praia dos Três Irmãos is a particularly well-photographed beach thanks to its natural sea-carved archways, Praia do Carvalho is known for its striking rock caves, and cliff-bound coves like Praia do Camilo and Praia de São Rafael are private paradises. Some coves are only accessible from the water, so book a boat trip to explore lesser-known spots.
If you’re a movie buff, you’ll already know Praia do Guicho from 1969 James Bond blockbuster, On Her Majesty’s Secret Service. In one of the pivotal scenes of the movie, the secret agent rescues Bond girl Contessa Teresa de Vicenzo from the clutches of the surf and takes down the bad guys on the sandy shore of Praia do Guicho. Relatively unchanged since filming took place, the beach is not only beautiful, but also one of the best surf spots in Europe. Located on the west coast, just a 30-minute drive from Lisbon, the beach, which is overlooked by the Fort of Guincho, is permanently breezy, which makes for great conditions for water sports such as surfing, wind surfing and kite surfing.
Just a 20-minute drive from Corinthia Hotel Lisbon is the beautiful beach town of Cascais. Home to a number of intimate sandy coves, Cascais is a great day-trip destination from the capital. Praia da Rainha is the smallest but prettiest beach in town and bears a noble history; nicknamed ‘The Queen’s Beach’, it’s named after Queen Dona Amelia of Portugal, who selected the small cove as her own private beach. Nowadays, the sandy stretch overlooking the fishing harbour is public, so head down early because its beauty hasn’t gone unnoticed. A short stroll further along the coast will take you to Praia da Conceicao, a longer beach that links up with Praia da Duquesa. Surrounded by restaurants and cafés, it’s easy to spend a whole afternoon here lapping up the sun.
If you’re willing to venture further afield, add Praia da Rocha to your list of must-see beaches in Portugal. It’s less busy than some of its neighbouring beaches, but equally beautiful. Praia da Rocha is famous for its natural rock formations and caves, which adventurous visitors can explore either by foot or boat. If you have time to make the trip, it’s well worth the 2.5-hour drive from Lisbon, especially as the town of Portimão offers plenty of restaurants, shops and bars to entertain long after the sun goes down.