At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Visit the best toy stores in London, and you might be tempted to renounce online shopping altogether
When it comes to Christmas shopping, it can be tempting to skip the queues and crowds and manage everything from the comfort of your virtual trolley. But when you’re visiting London, it’s worth it to do the rounds in real life. At these eight toy stores in London, from the iconic Hamleys to the beloved Honeyjam to the legendary Harrods Toy Kingdom, kids are sure to be happily overwhelmed by the treasures on display.
There are the cosy, hidden toy stores in London that give off an air of old-fashioned, British charm. And then there’s Hamleys. A seven-storey carnival of childhood delights, Hamley’s is the capital’s preeminent toy seller (and, in fact, the oldest toy store in the world). Beyond what’s on the shelves, the brand’s Regent Street flagship also offers a playable floor piano, dressed-up meet-and-greeters and even the chance to meet Father Christmas himself.
Pay a visit to the Toy Kingdom at Harrods and you’ll see that the moniker is hardly an exaggeration. Set across an incredible 26,000-feet, this destination for childhood luxury invites kids to discover six individual worlds, from an enchanted forest to its circus-inspired big top. Along the way there are, needless to say, plenty of toys to discover – parents can be found trailing behind, their arms overflowing with treasures.
Said to be an inspiration for Flourish and Blotts, the magic shop in the Harry Potter series, Davenports Magic Shop in Central London has been selling the finest in tricks and illusions since 1898. For kids looking to brush up on their card tricks, rabbits in hats, and beyond, there’s no better toy store to explore – and the staff of professional magicians will ensure that the less magically inclined know just what to slip into those stockings.
In need of something of a reprieve from the Christmas crowds in Central London – but still have quite the lengthy shopping list? Salvation awaits at the Cachao Toy Café in leafy Primrose Hill. For kids, a wide-ranging stock of popular toy brands awaits (from Brio and Sophie la Giraffe to Sylvanian Families and Inky and Mole). And for adults? The café portion of the shop offers the sugary, caffeinated redemption you seek.
Though it doesn’t rival Harrod’s for floor space, the Selfridges Toy Shop is hardly less diverting for kids – there’s plenty to do that’s hands-on (a Scalextric track, Lego stations, and more). For adults, a prime location in Central London is complemented by the cleverly curated selection, which ensures that classic items, as well as the season’s coveted products, can all be found under one roof.
Above the hustle and bustle of Covent Garden, you’ll find the treasure trove of Benjamin Pollock’s Toyshop. They’ve been selling toys since 1880 and just once glimpse inside the store and you’ll see why they are experts at what they do. From traditional puppets and theatre-inspired gifts right through to spy pens and board games, the shelves are filled with fun. Your little ones will be occupied for hours browsing their wares.