At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
From the traditional palinkas of Doblo to the experimental cocktails of WarmUp, indulge in a warming drink at these Budapest bars
When the temperature drops and there’s frost on the cobbles, what better way to recharge than by ducking into a cosy pub or lively bar for a warming libation? Thanks to the Hungarian predilection towards the odd alcoholic beverage, there are plenty of Budapest bars to choose from– and an ever-growing selection of winter warmers to discover. Sure, the country’s known for exporting some pretty punchy numbers, including the traditional Unicum and Pálinka, but Budapest is also home to a thriving bar scene, with many modern concoctions gracing ever more ambitious menus (when there is a menu). From locations like Doblo Wine Bar to made-to-measure drinks at the aptly named WarmUp, or traditional Hungarian cocktails at KIOSK Budapest, this city knows how to ward off winter’s nip.
This cosy wine bar in the Jewish Quarter, with its exposed brickwork and low ceilings, is the perfect snug to hunker down with a bottle from their expansive, Hungarian-focused wine list. However, what really piques our interest is their selection of pálinka – the famed Hungarian fruit brandy that’s effectively central heating in a tulip glass. Invented in the middle ages, it’s protected under EU regulations, meaning true pálinka can only be made, bottled and created from fruits grown in Hungary. Doblo Wine Bar has plenty of varieties to choose from, including a wintry plum version, and even offer pálinka tasting classes.
If Doblo is one of the more traditional Budapest bars on our list, then WarmUp is the complete opposite. This stylish yet unpretentious bar in the 7th district has a reputation for its highly creative concoctions. So creative, in fact, that they don’t even bother with such a staid convention as a drinks menu. All you have to do is explain what flavours you like and what mood you’re in and the expert bar team, led by Róbert Vitáris and Dávid Szabó, will design a cocktail for you on the spot. Why not opt for something suitably seasonal?
With its strikingly theatrical interiors – the place was renovated by a group of young Hungarian artists – and close alliance with the local art and literary communities, Púder’s atmosphere is warm, inviting and quirky without being too try-hard. Yes, it is a ruin bar, albeit one with an engaging programme of events, so you can expect a younger, stylish crowd. That being said, what is a visit to a ruin bar without a shot of Unicum? Or, if you prefer, opt for a steaming mug of mulled wine to keep the cold at bay.
Another standout amid Budapest’s increasingly crowded cocktail landscape, KIOSK Budapest’s line in traditional warming drinks is what earns this bar a place on our list, particularly for their hot plum wine. What’s more, their dedicated Hungaricum (meaning something uniquely Hungarian) menu takes traditional Hungarian flavours and components and twists them to delicious breaking point. We’re particularly fond of the Elixirium Hungaricum, which blends Muskotályos Palinka with grapes, sugar syrup, lemon juice, mint and soda. The bar’s elegant setting right next to the Danube also adds to its ambience.
Like some of the best Budapest bars, the relatively new Aznap keeps things simple: inviting ambience, friendly staff and a decent drinks menu. Don’t be put off by the mismatched soft furnishings and crumbling brickwork, this is a cut above the area’s ruin bars and pubs and a great spot to grab a Unicum, Hungary’s famous herbal liqueur. If you find it a touch medicinal (well, it was created by Dr. József Zwack, the Royal Physician to the Habsburg Court), some establishments’ menus suggest a shot of Unicum with a beer chaser. Worth a try if you’re really feeling the chill? Or perhaps not.