At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
From a perfect flat white to coconut milk lattes, here’s where to go for a mid-morning pick-me-up
The Czech capital is perfectly primed for pedestrian adventures. Veer off down winding medieval streets to discover picture-perfect vistas and historic architectural treasures. To fuel such discovery, Prague is liberally peppered with coffee shops. Whether seeking out a quiet corner in which to while away the hours, or a quick caffeine hit before the next bout of sightseeing, these are some of our favourite coffee shops to seek out in Prague.
Prague’s beauty is not merely skin deep — it has illustrious interiors to match. Step inside Café Letka on Letohradská to admire its original arched windows and gracefully faded décor, remnants of its former incarnation as an Austro-Hungarian coffee shop. If you can be tempted away from the delicious, freshly ground Kenyan coffee, try the homemade lemonade — it’s sublime. Where Letka’s glamour has faded over the years, Kavárna Obecní dům has been immaculately restored. All high, coved ceilings and Art Deco chandeliers, it’s one of the fanciest coffee shops in Prague—and has a coffee menu to match. Try the Vienna coffee, piled high with whipped cream, or a shot of Cherry Grog for something stronger.
The cosy Týnská Literární Kavárna behind the Týn church is a well-attended local favourite. It’s a little tricky to find, even for regulars, but is an ideal corner in which to spend an hour or two with a good book — and a great coffee. Equally lovely for its quirky vintage décor is Kavárna Kabinet, a café that would be much busier were it not for its tucked away location near Dejvická station. Frequented by in-the-know locals, it’s the perfect place to get a feel for everyday life in Prague. A little closer to the centre, Ecocoffee is famous for its Vietnamese coffee, served in the traditional way with condensed milk. Add in the café’s living wall of plants, and this is a breath of fresh air in the heart of the city.
There’s no shortage of avocado toast at Coffee Room on Korunní. There’s also an admirable emphasis on excellent coffee, with a careful house blend that’s undergoing constant evolution. Elsewhere, Ema Espresso Bar at Masaryk Railway Station is all chic pine benches decorated with sprays of irises, and perfect hearts cut into the foam of its flat whites. It’s one of Prague’s most popular coffee shops, with tiny tables spilling out across the pavement for when it gets too crowded inside. Tucked away in the Old Town, Mezi Srnky is full of wild flowers and eclectic crockery. The menu pays special attention to its suppliers, carefully sourcing farm-to-fork fare and giving pride of place to a hearty weekend brunch.
Many of the best coffee shops in Prague cater well for vegans, and most have almond, rice or coconut milk on request. Moment Kavárna & Bistro serves some of the best cakes in town, and they’re all vegan. Its coffee cupcakes are sublime, and a cup of single-source dark roast certainly holds its own alongside them. Raw foodies will delight at MyRaw Café’s decadent selection of desserts, best served with a coconut latte. With the vegan lifestyle gaining traction in the Czech capital, look out for a fresh flock of restaurants popping up across the city.