At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Snowfall is pretty much guaranteed here, so you will be in the festive spirit as soon as you touch down in this beautiful Russian city. First on your agenda should be a trip to the ballet – what better place to watch The Nutcracker in all its glory, than in its hometown of St Petersburg. Ice skating is another popular pastime here and a great way to enjoy the fairy tale winter scenes. With rinks all over the city, you won’t be short of choice when it comes to where to skate. And don’t leave without getting a picture next to the huge Christmas tree outside of the city’s cathedral.
Christmas wouldn’t be Christmas without cake – and that’s no exception in Lisbon. The Portuguese favourite of ‘bolo-rei’ is a sweet bread that’s sprinkled with nuts and crystallised fruit. Once you’ve ticked that off your festive bucket list, head out to Lisbon’s unique Christmas market, that takes place in Campo Pequeno, a former bullfight area. Come evening, a stroll around Pedro IV Square, locally known as Rossio Square, is the perfect way to soak up the Christmas lights and festive cheer.
Even the most Scrooge-like of people will be warmed by the twinkling lights and festive cheer that can be found in Prague over winter. The markets are one of the biggest draws, and they are so popular with visitors and tourists thanks to their vast variety. There’s everything from hand-blown glass souvenirs and decorated pottery, right through to the drink medovin – known as ‘honey wine’ and a whole load of tasty pastries. Stay for longer and experience the impressive New Year’s Eve celebrations where fireworks light up the city.
A winter trip to Hungary’s capital wouldn’t be complete without a Christmas market visit. Head to Vörösmarty Square for a taste of tradition – there are arts and craft stands, gift shops and enough mulled wine to kick off the festivities nicely. And, if you’re lucky, you might even get to experience an impromptu carol performance by a local choir. For something a little different, take a dip in the iconic thermal baths of Budapest – it’s quite an experience to bathe in the warm waters while observing the beauty of the snow-capped city.
With the sound of carol singing ringing through the streets and nativity scenes everywhere you look, Christmas is a fully-immersive experience in Malta. The annual pantomime at the Manoel Theatre is a must-visit – the little ones will love it. Valletta is where to go for impressive Christmas light displays and if you happen to be there on Christmas Eve then swing by St John’s Co-Cathedral to observe an extra-special carols by candlelight service.
London is always a hub of activity and that’s amplified in the lead up to Christmas. From the festive bonanza of Winter Wonderland that descends on Hyde Park every year and the pop-up ice-skating rinks all over the city, right through to the big Christmas light switch on and the array of seasonal shows and plays, the UK’s capital knows how to celebrate Christmas. Children will love a festive trip to Hamleys, the toy store – and there’s even a chance to meet Father Christmas himself.