At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
With almost 3,000 hours of sunshine per year (and to put it in perspective, London gets around half of that), Malta is the place to go if you want to treat the kids to a glorious sunshine break.
What to do
First things first, seek out a hidden cove of golden sands for a day at the beach. After you’ve had your fair share of sun, sea and sand, take the children on a voyage of discovery at the Esplora Interactive Science Centre. It’s full of interactive exhibitions and thought-provoking workshops to engage and entertain. Another must-visit place for families is the Popeye Village. Originally created as a film set for the 1980s musical, Popeye, it’s now a full-blown children’s attraction, complete with mini-golf, animation shows and trampolining.
The capital of the Czech Republic, Prague, is well-known for its history as well as its extensive beer offering, but if you look a little closer, you’ll also see that it has a child-friendly side with lots of fun days out.
What to do
Prague Castle should be high on your sightseeing bucket list. It’s reportedly the world’s largest ancient castle, so it will provide a comprehensive history lesson for the whole family. Don’t leave without visiting the Toy Museum within the castle grounds, that holds toys from all over the world. The zoo is another firm choice for a family day out. With over 4,000 animals, including elephants, hippos, gorillas and giraffes, your little ones will be fascinated at every turn.
The Hungarian capital of Budapest is about as child-friendly as it gets – there are so many children’s activities and most of the city is really kid-focused with great accessibility.
What to do
You can’t travel to Budapest without going for a dip in one of the many outdoor baths or pools. Palatinus strand is a family-friendly option – it’s essentially a water park, there are swimming pools, thermal pools, a wave pool and even a water slide. The Budapest Puppet Theatre is another activity to add to your list – it is the oldest puppet theatre in the whole of Hungary and there are a range of shows to keep the kids entertained. However, Budapest’s City Park has to be the crème de la crème of days out. As well as being the largest park in the city, it’s also home to a boating lake (which is used for ice-skating come winter), a zoo, a circus, an amusement park and a museum. In fact, with all of that to offer, you could probably stay there all week.
This capital city is packed full of attractions, activities and events and lots of them are suitable for children of all ages to enjoy.
What to do
London is home to so many museums, including the Natural History Museum, the Science Museum, the London Museum and the London Transport Museum (just to name a few), so you’ll be spoilt for choice. After ticking off one or two of those, pay a visit to the infamous Hamleys, the amazing toy store which is bound to put a smile on their little faces. Also, the theatre district is bursting with child-friendly shows – but just be sure to book in advance, as they sell out rather quickly.
With crystal-clear waters to rival the Caribbean, Portugal provides a family-friendly paradise that’s still within Europe.
What to do
Make the most of this coastal city by dedicating enough time to its spectacular beaches. Praia de Tamariz is most definitely worth a visit for its calm waters and unique setting (it’s overlooked by a Medieval Castle). Lisbon is also home to one of the world’s biggest aquariums –The Lisbon Oceanarium has an array of sharks, rays, eels, jellyfish, seahorses and more for you to marvel at. A simple and affordable way to keep the kids entertained is by taking a tram ride through the city. Just be sure to visit on the shoulder seasons of March–May or September–October to avoid struggling with the summer heat.
Known for its impressive cultural prowess, this Russian city may not be your obvious choice for a family-friendly destination, but behind the history and grandeur, you’ll find a fun, not so serious side to St Petersburg.
What to do
Piterland Aquapark is one of the biggest water parks in Europe and it’s not just the sheer size of the place that’s impressive, it’s also amazing because it’s home to shops, tennis courts and a cinema, too. Keeping on the water theme, there’s also has an aquarium, Planet Neptune Oceanarium, that’s home to 4,500 underwater creatures. Mariinsky Theatre might be famous for the ballet, but the theatre also runs behind-the-scenes Orchestra workshops for children and a number of shows that are suitable for a younger audience.