At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
From baskets of premium British produce to extravagant butler-catered packages, these are the best gourmet picnic hampers in London
One of the most quintessentially British things you can do during a trip to London is have a good old fashioned picnic. When the sun is shining and the city’s buzzing, nothing quite beats relaxing in one of London’s beautiful parks and gardens with a hamper of gourmet snacks and a glass of fizz.
Whether you want to picnic next to the Queen at St James’s Park, gaze over the lakes at Regent’s Park and Hyde Park, or dine alongside wild deer at Richmond Park, there are countless green spaces to set up camp once you’ve selected your ideal hamper. From Corrigan’s and Fortnum & Mason to Harrods Food Hall, here’s where to get your hands on the best picnic hampers in London.
Located just a stone’s throw from Hyde Park, Corrigan’s offers premium hampers starting at £100 for two. Each is prepared to order (with 48-hours notice) with several dishes from the Mayfair restaurant’s seasonal British-Irish menu, as well as homemade breads, Champagne and all the extras you could need such as crockery and a blanket. Take picnicking to another level by booking the luxury picnic experience from £1,000 and sit back as a private butler caters your picnic with finesse at a location of your choice. Ideal for an extra special occasion, this package comes with a selection of the finest menu items, such as smoked eel and pressed duck liver terrine, native lobster and citrus salad, and Irish beef carpaccio with duck egg dressing, all washed down with superb wines.
Fortnum & Mason is famed for its Afternoon Tea, but there’s more to the eatery than tea and cakes. The upmarket store sells some of the best ready-made picnic hampers in London, the finest of which is The Belgravia Hamper. Priced at £550, the wicker basket is filled to the brim with seasonal savoury snacks such as wild Scottish smoked salmon and venison salami, marmalade-glazed ham and organic Stilton, as well as sweet treats like truffles and Turkish delight. The wine offerings are equally tempting, with a vintage Champagne and a top Sancerre standing out from the list. Other top-tier hampers include The English Essential Hamper, which is filled with British delicacies, and The Mayfair Hamper, an indulgent selection of fine foods and wines. If none of the options tempt your taste buds, use Fortnum & Mason’s bespoke hamper service to customise your ideal basket, which can be delivered to the hotel or collected from the Piccadilly store.
One of the most famous food halls in the world, Harrods Food Hall is a prime place to visit for premium British produce, so it comes as no surprise that its food hampers are right up there with the best. A great choice for a summer’s day picnic, Harrods’ hampers vary from the extravagant £1,000 The Mayfair, containing only the finest foods and wines; to The Savoury Crate, a selection of fine wines, preserves, foie gras and crackers; and the Afternoon Tea-inspired The Leyburn hamper, which is packed full of teas and coffees, jams, cakes, biscuits, and more.
If sightseeing takes you to East London, Albion in Shoreditch puts together an excellent picnic hamper packed full of British favourites such as Scotch eggs, British meats and cheeses, sandwiches, salads, fresh scones with clotted cream and English jam, wine, and much more. What’s good about this £160 hamper is that everything has either been made on-site or is fresh from a British producer. What’s more, the stylish wicker basket is yours to keep, and for a deposit, extras such as cutlery, plates and glassware can be provided.