At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Discover the most picturesque spots in the Mediterranean to add to your sightseeing list
An island that basks in 300 days of sunshine is already likely to be rather picture perfect. Blend that with historic architecture and a rugged coastline and you’ve discovered an Instagrammer’s dream destination. We walk you through the most photo-worthy places around the Malta to ensure your social feed suitably picturesque.
Every quaint street and narrow passageway in Mdina offers up another photo opportunity. In fact, we challenge anyone to take a leisurely stroll around this Medieval city and not succumb to the lure of snapping at least one shot. Fontanella, a traditional coffee shop, provides sweeping views across the sunsoaked landscape – and the homemade cakes are more than aesthetically pleasing. Also, it’s worth seeking out the infamous blue door with pretty pink flowers outside.
The capital city of Malta is plagued with interesting things to see and do. Wander around the streets and you’ll find picturesque spots aplenty. The Strada Stretta is a long and straight street, where (if free from tourists) you can get a lovely snap. But it’s the views from the Upper Barrakka Gardens that are truly unrivalled and cannot be missed.
This island north west of the main island of Malta is worth a visit for many reasons. Thrill-seekers will be satisfied with the incredible dive sites, history buffs will rejoice at the fortified city of Citadel but above all else, photography enthusiasts will be amazed by this magical island. Azure waters stretch for as far as the eye can see and this is only enhanced by the unique vantage point that the cliffs provide.
You may be lured to Marsaxlokk Bay for the daily open-air market offering up incredible fresh fish, but it will be the picturesque views which will entice you to stay awhile. The brightly coloured traditional fishing boats that are bobbing in the water are just begging to be photographed. We’d recommend wearing your brightest ensemble to coordinate with the postcard-worthy scenery perfectly.
The contrast of high-rise buildings alongside turquoise waters peppered with pretty boats makes this a unique location to photograph. At night, it’s just as impressive too, as the lights from the buildings reflect off the water beautifully.
This Maltese sea cave gets its name for the legendary Grotta Azzurra (blue grotto) in Italy and its beauty will not disappoint. Take to the water to experience the network of six caves that makes up the grotto and when you hop back in the boat, be sure to get a picture of that spectacular scene.
Originally built for production of the 1980s film, Popeye, this set remains standing and has, in fact, now become a fun park which draws in many tourists. Situated on a beautiful cove, you are able to get magnificent views of the set from lots of angles. But here’s what to expect if you actually go for a visit.
What this tiny Maltese island lacks in geographical size, it makes up for in photography potential. It’s a paradise for adventure-seeking holidaygoers who want to explore in the clearest waters, but it’s also just as fascinating from a languid state of blissful repose. Don’t forget your obligatory pineapple cocktail snap that is sure to be a hit on your feed.