At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
From the stylish Bassoon to the intimate Cellar Door via the speakeasy vibe of Nightjar, uncover the best live music bars in London
London’s reputation as a hub for music is well established. Ever since the ‘60s, the world has looked to the capital as a barometer for culture. But while boundaries are broken in the city’s clubs, there’s a cluster of smaller, more intimate bars where live music comes with a side of effortless style and an expertly mixed cocktail. From the stylish surrounds of our own Bassoon Piano Bar to the speakeasy ambience of the Nightjar, via classic venues like Ronnie’s Bar, we map out the best live music hotspots in London.
With its musically inspired décor designed by David Collins Studio, intimate ambience and expertly mixed bespoke cocktails served in a replica set of Queen Victoria’s glassware, Bassoon is a piano bar that pays attention to details. The same care is evident in their nightly music programme: their Signature Sessions showcase performances by a number of breakthrough acts. Indeed, Scissor Sisters and Lana Del Rey both played here before going stratospheric. Worth remembering if you want to catch the next big thing.
There’s no shortage of speakeasy-style live music bars in London, but few capture that illicit ambience quite like The Nightjar. Billing itself as a hidden slice of old world glamour, the vintage spirit menu and Art Nouveau interiors may say prohibition America, but the grandstanding, molecular cocktail menu is strictly contemporary. Live music takes many forms, but generally doesn’t stray too far from rhythm & blues, jazz, and swing. But you guessed that.
For those who like their bars petite, Cellar Door might well be the ideal haunt. Located in a tiny underground space in Aldwych (the venue fits 60), this purple-hued bar does a fine line in high-end cocktails, some of which are served in porcelain teacups. Each night they manage to make enough room for a live performance, with jazz, soul, pop and cabaret acts all stepping onto the small stage. A chic, somewhat secret spot, the fun runs late into the night.
An upscale neighbourhood surrounding a hilltop park, Primrose Hill is one of the trendiest villages in London. In the ’90s, it was home to celebrities including Jude Law and Kate Moss; nowadays, it’s noticeably calmer but just as desirable. Rows of millionaires’ mansions (owned by the likes of Jamie Oliver) surround the park, and from its grassy pinnacle visitors can discover some of the best panoramic views of the capital. Back at ground level, the Regent’s Park Road area is filled with trendy eateries, independent art galleries and upscale boutiques.
Chelsea is an affluent area that has been highly coveted for hundreds of years, long before the television show Made in Chelsea hit the country’s screens. The neighbourhood, which borders the River Thames, is notoriously exclusive and features rows of magnificent white townhouses and a magnitude of excellent restaurants and bars. As the former heart of the swinging sixties, it’s also full of shopping potential.
If you have the time to venture north, make sure to visit Highgate. The stunning hilltop neighbourhood is filled with quintessential English cafés, historic pubs, gorgeous parks and giant mansions owned by affluent Londoners such as Sting and the late George Michael. Highgate also houses one of England’s most picturesque burial places, Highgate Cemetery, where hundreds of influential people have been laid to rest. Far from spooky or macabre, the grade I-listed site is a beautiful nature reserve with some of the finest funerary architecture in the country.