At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
From Hungarian antiques to farm fresh produce, these markets in Budapest have everything you need and more
When in Budapest, the best way to indulge in the local culture is not only at the city’s historic sites, but at its bustling markets and bazaars. As well as offering a window into everyday life as it happens, they’re excellent places to shop, sample local foods and meet interesting people. From Budapest Central Market and WAMP Design Fair to the smaller farmers markets in the cobbled courtyards of the city’s ruin bars, these are eight markets you shouldn’t miss on a trip to Budapest.
The largest of all the markets in Budapest, Central Market takes place in the stunning 19th century Great Market Hall. Every day but Sunday, hundreds of traders gather under the impressive vaulted ceiling and create a colourful blanket of Hungarian and seasonal produce from their stalls. Sample tasty national delicacies at the upper floor food stands, browse fresh fruits and vegetables, fish, charcuterie and wines at the farmers market-style stalls, and take in local life as you explore the lengthy, bustling hall. Upstairs, visitors can discover a variety of arts and crafts, Hungarian trinkets and souvenirs.
A little more informal than Central Market (and open every day of the week), Lehel is packed with fresh Hungarian produce. The market takes place in the city’s 13th district, in a hall that’s difficult to miss; an eccentric hotchpotch of structures, the facade looks like it’s been borrowed from a Greek temple and painted bright yellow. Inside, visitors will find locals stocking up on organic essentials, a huge selection of kolbász (sausages), honey, fruit and vegetables. Take the opportunity to sit down and people-watch after your shopping in one of the cafes upstairs.
Just off Király Utca, the street famous for its art and design boutiques, is Gozsdu Courtyard (Gozsdu Udvar). Every Sunday, this vibrant gastronomy and entertainment hub hosts the popular Gouba Bazaar. From spring through autumn, the market brings together myriad stall owners who showcase a wide range of curios including rare antiques, local art, jewellery and one-of-a-kind homeware. Live jazz plays throughout the day, performed by local musicians.
An upscale market on the Buda side of town, Fény Street (Utca) Market is a favourite of local gourmands. It’s open six days a week, Monday to Saturday, and specialises in Hungarian produce. Visit to receive a culinary education in local cuisine and discover artisan cheeses, organic fruit and vegetables, local meat, flowers, and much more. Arrive hungry and try what is reportedly the best lángos in town, a delicious deep-fried flatbread served warm with sour cream and cheese, or your choice of toppings.
A sprawling flea market just outside the city centre, with both indoor and outside spaces, Ecseri Flea Market is a must-see whatever the weather. Everything you could imagine is peddled at this eclectic bazaar: antique furniture and porcelain, old records, piles of books, plenty of artwork, vintage war paraphernalia, clothes and jewellery, toys…the list is endless. Come with time and a treasure hunter attitude, and there’s no limit to what you could leave with. Haggling is common, so don’t shy away from making an offer.
Taking place at least one Sunday each month, this market brings together Hungary’s most exciting emerging designers. A meeting place for young creatives, WAMP provides over a hundred local talents with a platform to show off their latest works. Visitors have the opportunity to purchase truly special pieces, from jewellery and clothing to homeware and furniture. The fair turns Christmas-themed over the first three Sundays of December, offering all manner of festive gastro and design delights. Keep an eye on the website for fair dates and locations as they’re released.
A smaller Sunday offering, the farmers market at popular ruin bar Szimpla Kert is certainly worth a visit. Local honey and jams, cheeses, fruit and vegetables, baked goods and spices fill the quirky garden space. Best of all, you’ll be well-placed to grab a table for the Szimpla brunch, where visitors can pile their plates high from a buffet laden with all the colourful artisanal produce sold at the market downstairs.
Anker’t is another popular ruin bar that hosts its own market – this one taking place once a month throughout the year. The market stocks vegan everything, from juices, cakes, dips and burgers to handcrafted soaps and beauty products. Part-market, part-community event, during the day there are open discussions and even cookery classes where visitors can try their hand at whipping up some delicious health-conscious treats. Discover more vegan dining options in Budapest here.