At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
From classic beers to contemporary flavours, these microbreweries in Prague are brewing up a storm
The Czech Republic may be most famous for its giant beer brands like Pilsner Urquell, Budweiser Budvar and Staropramen, but in Prague, microbreweries form an important part of the local beer industry. From historic manufacturers like U Fleků and the Strahov Monastic Brewery, to the unique flavours of smaller outlets like Pivovarský Dům, discover the city’s best craft brews with this guide to microbreweries in Prague.
Given that monks were some of the world’s earliest beer brewers, it’s only fitting that one of the city’s top microbreweries is located in a historic building formerly owned by the Strahov Monastery. However, the beers here go beyond the traditionally Czech; expect everything from IPAs made with American hops to German-style wheat beers, in addition to the St. Nortbert flagship brew, a Munich-style dark lager. Interestingly, the first batch of St. Norbert was brewed on 6th June 2001, timed with the annual holiday of St Norbert. The Strahov Monastic Brewery (Klašterní Pivovar Strahov) is also home to a restaurant and a courtyard beer garden that’s particularly popular when the sun is shining. After a tasting, enjoy a hearty Czech meal, washed down with your favourite brew.
A favourite of local beer enthusiasts, Pivovarský Dům is a brewery-meets-restaurant serving excellent Czech beers and cuisine. Numerous varieties are brewed in-house, including two popular Czech-style beers: Štěpán and Pšeničné pivo. Štěpán is an unfiltered, unpasteurised lager that comes in both pale and dark varieties, while the Pšeničné pivo is a top-fermented ale, made using both barley and wheat malts. Pivovarský Dům also brews intriguing flavoured beers including cherry, coffee, banana and nettle, as well as unique specialties such as Šamp (which undergoes a secondary fermentation with Champagne yeast) and Black Hill, an herbaceous beer aperitif. If you’re staying for dinner, note how beer is incorporated into many dishes on the menu.
A pub, restaurant and brewery in one, the atmospheric New Town Brewery (Novoměstský Pivovar) offers a memorable drinking and dining experience to visitors. Copper brew kettles stand within the restaurant, which serves traditional Czech fare and house-brewed pilsner. Those more interested in the beer than the food can take a tour of the brew house, fermenting room and lager cellar, during which guides teach guests about the entire beer-making process and share their secret recipes. New Town Brewery is also one of the only microbreweries in Prague that uses its own beer to distil beer spirits, called Pivovice, which are well worth sampling.
With roots dating back to 1499, U Fleků is known for its fascinating history as well as for its vast size. A cultural attraction in itself, the brewery has been brewing beer continuously for over 500 years. The complex has an incredible eight beer halls and a beer garden, meaning there’s plenty of space despite its popularity. Thousands of beer lovers head over to sample U Fleků’s tasty brews each week and indulge in traditional Czech cuisine, washed down with copious glasses of Flekovský ležák 13° (their strong, dark lager). There’s also an onsite beer museum and brewery tours are available in the ancient brew house, where original copper brew kettles from 1937 still stand.