At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
From a repurposed industrial space to a former rooftop car park, this is where to find Lisbon’s best secret bars
A city that almost never sleeps, Lisbon is well-known for its vibrant nightlife but there are still plenty of hidden treasures to discover. Looking a little harder after dark, visitors can happen upon the likes of a 1920s-style speakeasy, an outdoor terrace that’s loved by local hipsters or a cosy cellar bar that specialises in live music. Here’s our pick of the best secret bars in Lisbon.
Opened in 2018, this reworking of Corinthia Hotel Lisbon’s outdoor space is a haven of cool shade, laid back beats and sparkling cocktails. Located in a secluded garden, set below the level of the main street, those sitting in the lounge have the impression of being a million miles away from a busy city. The lounge is a popular spot among the after work crowd and perfect for an al fresco tipple in summer, while the menu includes ceviche, seafood and other light bites.
Soul Garden, Av. Columbano Bordalo Pinheiro
More is definitely more at Foxtrot. An opulent Art Deco cellar bar on an unassuming São Bento street, this Roaring Twenties speakeasy is wall-to-wall bottles, trinkets and baubles with the Deco décor turned up to 11. There’s no doubt Foxtrot is one suave, dapper gentleman but as one of Lisbon’s oldest bars – clocking in at 40 years – he’s a little rough round the edges too, which only adds to the charm. Aside from the 1920s time-capsule vibes, Foxtrot’s superior mixology makes it a destination to seek out. Expect innovative takes on classics (the Smoked Negroni is just the right blend of bitter and sweet) and outrageously presented house creations such as Sorry, It’s Not Tea, a devilishly fruity concoction in a giant teapot.
Foxtrot, Tv. Santa Teresa 28, 1200-405 Lisboa
With no signage and guests required to ring a doorbell under a red frog on the wall for entry, Red Frog Speakeasy is certainly one of the most secret bars in Lisbon. Designed like a classic American speakeasy, this award-winning venue produces some of the most tantalizing concoctions in Lisbon. Designed to intrigue all senses, each cocktail is imaginatively presented and arrives accompanied by a small ceramic red frog. The American Gangster, a potent mix of Bulleit Bourbon, Madeira, amaro, maple, coffee, cocoa and tobacco leaves comes highly recommended, as does Los Misterios, made with Siete Misterios mezcal, gentian mead, melon, watercress, avocado leaves and smoked naga chilli. Don’t leave without trying to find the secret room, accessed by a hidden door.
Red Frog Speakeasy, Rua do Salitre 5ª, 1250-096 Lisboa
Once a near-derelict industrial space, LXFactory was co-opted by an enterprising bunch of creatives who’ve transformed the vast site into a professional and social hub. It’s largely occupied by up-and-coming fashion, art and design brands – and where the cool crowd resides, on-trend watering holes won’t be far away. Settle a bench with a beer at Café na Fábrica and rub shoulders with locals in the sunshine.
Lx Factory, Edifício E, R. Rodrigues de Faria 103, 1300-501 Lisboa
Unpretentious, unassuming, unheard of (pretty much), Tejo Bar is a little slice of Lisbon, dive bar style. The secret neighbourhood cellar bar is where locals go to see live music and jamming sessions accompanied by lashings of Vinho Verde. With various takes on the Portuguese guitar hung on the walls, the vibe is authentic and really gets going as the clock strikes midnight. Head here to get your fill of Fado along with diverse world music.
Tejo Bar, 1100 451, Beco do Vigário 1A, Lisboa
Taking its name from its former life as a rooftop car park, PARK is now one of the Portuguese capital’s best bars thanks to its staggering city panoramas, plethora of strategically placed plants and excellent drinks menu. Sip on a refreshing Cucumber Collins as you make the most of the venue’s entertainment schedule including live DJ sets, movie screenings and themed evenings. Those feeling peckish can satisfy themselves with one of PARK’s delicious burgers.
PARK, Calçada do Combro, 58 Bairro Alto, 1200-115, Lisboa