At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
From dance carnivals and music festivals to fireworks on St Stephen’s Day, these are the best events in Budapest this summer
Summer is a particularly beautiful time of year in Budapest. The castles glisten in the sunlight, the Danube is filled with boats, and warm weather inspires a packed calendar of outdoor events to keep visitors entertained all season. From the three-month-long Budapest Summer Festival to the Czech Beer Festival and the lively Danube Carnival, plan your trip around these events in Budapest this summer.
Summer in Budapest starts as it means to go on, with a party. Celebrating its 21st edition in 2016, the Danube Carnival has become an important fixture on Budapest’s annual calendar, both for the modern dance industry and for Hungarian folk culture. Over the course of the festival, myriad dance shows, galas and concerts are held across the capital, showcasing traditional folk and international performance styles.
6th – 21st June 2018
A highlight of the annual calendar of events in Budapest, the Budapest Summer Festival presents a three-month programme of concerts, musicals and theatre. From Verdi operas to circus variety shows, the performances take place at three stages across the Hungarian capital.
9th June – 31st August 2018
Another good opportunity to spend time at one of Budapest’s most beautiful venues is the Vajdahunyad Castle Summer Music Festival. The festival presents a series of concerts, ranging in style from classical music to traditional klezmer. Whether you’re a music enthusiast or are looking to woo a loved one, listening to classical melodies in the shadow of the castle on a summer’s evening is a memorable experience.
2nd July – 16th August 2018
One for thrill-seekers and adventure enthusiasts, the Red Bull Air Race Budapest puts on a series of jaw-dropping aerial competitions and stomach-turning stunts by some of the world’s best light plane pilots. Claim a viewing spot along the riverbank and watch the planes dive and circle over the Danube against a backdrop of the capital’s most historic sites.
23rd – 24th June
Those with a need for speed shouldn’t miss Hungary’s biggest racing event, the Formula One Hungarian Grand Prix. The race in Mogyoród is highly anticipated both locally and internationally. It’s known for its beautiful countryside views, hot summer heat and demanding track, which results in a captivating competition for drivers and viewers alike.
26th – 29th July 2018
One of the biggest annual music events in the country, Sziget Festival takes over the island of Óbudai in northern Budapest for a week of live music and entertainment. The hottest tipped headliners and performers at this year’s festival include Arctic Monkeys, Dua Lipa, Gorillaz, Lykke Li, Wolf Alice and many more.
8th – 15th August 2018
Every year on St Stephen’s Day, Budapest commemorates Hungary’s first King with an all-day party featuring concerts, processions and special events such as a cake cutting ceremony. The national holiday concludes with a spectacular fireworks display over the Danube. Watch the show from the riverbank or board a boat for a front-row seat fit for a king.
A prime opportunity to discover and experience Hungary’s rich folk heritage, the Festival of Folk Arts brings together artists and craftspeople from across the country to showcase skills that have been passed down through families for generations. Visitors can watch craft demonstrations and dance performances or shop for unique souvenirs to take home at the extensive market.
17th – 20th August 2018