At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
From live music and wine tastings to religious festas and arts performances, these summer events in Malta offer visitors an all-round cultural experience
Summer in some places means peace and quiet, but not in Malta; when the weather heats up, so does the island’s cultural calendar. From local festivals like Delicata Wine Festival to live music at Malta Music Week and arts at Malta International Arts Festival, there’s plenty to keep visitors entertained on a midsummer’s day. If you’re planning a trip this summer, make sure you take in a few of our favourite seasonal events in Malta.
If you agree that nothing quite beats a sunny day listening to live music, then plan your trip around Malta Music Week, one of the biggest annual events in Malta. A celebration of music, the festival hosts a series of concerts and club nights across Malta and Gozo to get music fans warmed up for the highlight show, The Isle of MTV Malta.
9th – 13th July 2019
As well as being a time to celebrate music, wine and the arts, summer is also when locals celebrate their religious heritage with ‘festas’, or feasts. L-imnarja, dedicated to St Paul and St Peter, is one of the oldest and most unique festas of the year. A huge feast and folk festival at Buskett Gardens attracts people from across the island for a night of feasting and celebration. Taking part in L-imnarja is an excellent opportunity to experience the rich culture that Malta is famous for.
29th June 2019
Celebrating its 11th edition with 11 nights dedicated to the arts, Malta International Arts Festival brings an exciting programme of conceptual art to the archipelago. Festival goers can enjoy 15 performances by a range of renowned local and international artists, spanning genres including dance, theatre, music, poetry and film.
29th June – 13th July 2019
Malta Jazz Festival puts the island on the global jazz map. Raising the profile of local musical talents, while at the same time exposing those in Malta to international acts, the festival is one of the most highly anticipated on the cultural calendar. The stunning location at the historical Ta’ Liesse in Valletta is just the icing on the cake.
15th – 20th July 2019
The Farsons Beer Festival, organised by local brewers Farsons, is a one-stop shop for live music, comedy, food and drink – beer, naturally, being the tipple of choice. Held each July at Ta’ Qali National Park, the festival is a popular summer fixture for locals and visitors alike.
25th July – 3rd August 2019
Maltese wine is rapidly gathering momentum on the world stage, and Delicata Classic Wine Festival, hosted by local winery Delicata at the beautiful Upper Barrakka Gardens in Valletta, is one of the best places to sample some of the local vintages. The event offers visitors an excellent opportunity to try new, classic and vintage wines, while also enjoying live music.
8th – 11th August 2019