At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
From Christmas markets and pantomimes to fireworks and ice skating, there’s no shortage of things to do in London this winter
As the year draws to a close and the weather turns crisp, the London’s landscape is transformed with cosy pub fires, festive decorations, and an infectious Christmas spirit. Far from closing down the city, winter is actually one of London’s liveliest seasons. From sipping glühwein at Hyde Park Winter Wonderland and ice skating at Somerset House to discovering London’s best Christmas markets and shows, here are the top things to do in London this winter.
Hyde Park Winter Wonderland is a popular family-friendly annual event in one of London’s best-known Royal Parks, which is celebrating its 10th anniversary in 2016. Best known for its Bavarian village – where visitors can try traditional glühwein and snack on authentic German delicacies – there are also many other rides and attractions, from market stalls selling festive trinkets to an ice skating rink and an exciting schedule of spectacular shows.
The Somerset House ice rink offers an impressive setting for this most festive of activities, and is the key to making some truly special winter memories (open from mid-November to mid-January). Elsewhere in the city, the National History Museum temporary ice rink offers a spectacular architectural backdrop and a convenient café bar for pre and post-skating indulgence. For those willing to travel slightly out of the centre of town, Hampton Court Palace and Alexandra Palace are home to excellent ice rinks with beautiful views of these iconic structures.
Christmas shopping in London is about far more than just the purchases; it’s about the experience itself. Upscale department stores such as Harrods, Liberty and Selfridges are decked up to the nines in festive décor, while leading shopping streets like Oxford Street, Bond Street and Regent Street are covered in show-stopping light displays. South of the river you can sample winter-themed foods at Borough Market, while Covent Garden’s grandiose Christmas tree is just a short hop north of the Thames, and is perfect for quirky trinkets and gifts.
Winter is fireworks season in London and there are a number of occasions at which to enjoy colourful displays. First up is Bonfire Night on 5th November, which commemorates Guy Fawkes’ gunpowder plot of 1605. Each year, a large fireworks show takes place over the parliament building and thousands of people gather along the riverbank to watch. As you might expect, New Year’s Eve is also a great time to see fireworks n London, with displays hosted all over the city. Ask for a room with a river view at Corinthia Hotel London for a view of the displays.
While Germany may be the king of Christmas markets, London is increasingly vying for attention with an excellent spread of festive markets across the capital. The Southbank Centre Christmas Market brings together local traders in wooden chalets on the riverside Queen’s Walk. Here, visitors can shop for gifts, festive foods and warming winter beverages such as mead and mulled wine. The German-style London Bridge City Christmas Market presents pop-up stalls selling handmade crafts by independent traders, alongside Christmas cocktails, craft beers and hot food. The Christmas market at Leicester Square features traditional stores as well as a busy programme of festive entertainment. Or for something a little different, head to the Christmas Markets of art centres like Tate Modern and the Barbican to pick up stylish stocking fillers, handmade trinkets, jewellery and prints.
London’s West End is renowned for its world-class theatre, and in winter the program shifts up a gear with extra performances and new festive shows. Catch one of London’s famous productions or look out for seasonal offerings such as The Nutcracker at the Royal Opera House. Pantomimes also bring a welcome dose of comedy to the season and many, such as Cinderella at the London Palladium, are planned throughout winter. A show is one of the best things to do in London this winter, make sure to book tickets while you can!