At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
When winter hits, events in Lisbon take a festive turn. If you’re planning a visit, don’t miss these top celebrations
Many people may consider Portugal a summer destination, but with mild weather, few crowds and a host of festive events, winter is a great time to visit Lisbon. From Noite de Ano Novo (New Year’s Eve) celebrations like the São Silvestre run, to cultural traditions like the Feast of the Immaculate Conception, there’s a wide variety of happenings to get involved with at this time of the year. If you’re planning a winter trip, add some of these exciting events in Lisbon to your itinerary.
Get in the festive spirit with a trip to the Natalis Christmas Fair. One of the biggest events in Lisbon, the annual fair offers visitors an excellent opportunity to shop for festive gifts and decorations. As well as displays of Christmas trees, handicrafts, fashion and accessories, housewares and festive foods, the fair hosts a variety of family-friendly rides and entertainment.
8th – 10th December 2017
The annual celebration of the Immaculate Conception is an important religious day for Christians around the world. In Lisbon, it’s a public holiday and people come together to enjoy a huge feast with family, and many attend mass at one of the city’s Catholic churches. For visitors, it’s a fascinating opportunity to witness locals celebrating their faith and enjoy the excited buzz in the air.
8th December 2017
While many people around the world spend New Year’s Eve preparing for parties, people in Lisbon do something a little different…they run. Each year on 31st December, over 10,000 runners partake in a 10km race through the picturesque city centre, which is decorated with festive lights. The race originated in Brazil as a religious celebration for Saint Silvestre and is now an essential part of Lisbon’s festive season.
31st December 2017
New Year’s Eve (Noite de Ano Novo, in Portuguese) is one of the biggest events in Lisbon each year, where thousands of people fill the streets to enjoy musical entertainment, colourful firework displays, and a giant party at Praça do Comércio Square. One cultural quirk you may notice while walking around the city is the residents hanging out of their windows banging pots and pans. This tradition welcomes the New Year with a bang, literally.
In Lisbon, the festivities don’t end when the clock strikes midnight on New Year’s Eve. On 1st January, Centro Cultural de Belém kick-starts 2017 with a popular New Year’s Concert. Performed by the Lisbon Metropolitan Orchestra and conducted by Sebastian Perlowski, the concert showcases a captivating blend of music, from waltzes to marches. With 12 performances to look forward to, it’s an excellent way for music enthusiasts to start the year.
1st January 2018