At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
When temperatures drop, warm up with this action-packed schedule of winter events in London
It may be cold outside but the festive buzz in London makes winter one of the best times to visit. Keeping everyone warm when the frost bites is a busy schedule of events and festivals, from Christmas activities such as the Southbank Centre Winter Market and the Royal Albert Hall Christmas Festival, to cultural events like the Chinese Magical Lantern Festival. With so much going on, here’s our pick of the best winter events in London.
Each year, performing arts venue Southbank Centre hosts a picturesque winter market on the banks of the River Thames. Lining the river are a collection of European-style wooden chalets filled with festive food, drink and handcrafted gifts. Southbank Centre also hosts a series of Christmas-themed shows and performances throughout the festive season.
10th November 2017 – 4th January 2018
With a magical Ice Kingdom, a wide variety of exhilarating rides and jaw-dropping performances, Hyde Park Winter Wonderland is one of the biggest winter events in London. Taking place over six weeks, there’s plenty of time to explore the vast event space. Don’t miss the giant Bavarian village filled with beer gardens and wooden chalets offering German food, handmade souvenirs and hot gluhwein (mulled wine).
17th November 2017 – 1st January 2018
If you’re a horse lover, don’t miss The London International Horse Show at Olympia. Attracting equestrian enthusiasts from around the world, the seven-day event presents a busy schedule of captivating international displays, dressage and jumping competitions, and the long-awaited Olympia Grand Prix. Book a private hospitality package to watch the show in style.
12th – 18th December 2017
Get in the Christmas spirit with a festive show at the Royal Albert Hall. In the weeks leading up to Christmas, the iconic concert hall presents a series of carol concerts, musical performances, sing-alongs and all-singing all-dancing shows, guaranteed to get the whole family excited for the festive season.
13th – 24th December 2017
While there are many fireworks displays across England, the New Year’s Eve show in central London is unrivalled. Taking place at the London Eye, the display is one of the biggest, and most famous, annual winter events in London. Fireworks light up the city’s skyline in dramatic fashion as music plays in time to the colourful explosions. Tickets sell fast so it’s worth booking in advance, tube travel is usually free from around 11:30pm – 4:30am, too.
London Art Fair is the UK’s premiere modern British and contemporary art fair. The event offers collectors and curators an excellent opportunity to browse and pick up pieces by leading international artists and up-and-coming talents from the early 20th century to the present day. Celebrating its 29th anniversary in 2017, more than 125 galleries will be represented at the next edition.
17th – 21st January 2018
Chinese New Year is a major celebration in the city, particularly within the Chinese community. One of the most exciting events of the season is the Magical Lantern Festival at Chiswick House Gardens. Bringing art and culture together in magnificent fashion, the festival showcases a beautiful trail of lanterns and illuminations, as well as entertainment, rides and attractions.
24th November 2017 – 1st January 2018