At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
With a busy schedule of carols, carnivals and celebratory events in Malta, winter is just as hot as summer
Due to its southern Mediterranean climate, the Maltese archipelago enjoys one of the warmest winters in Europe. While more northern countries freeze, those lucky enough to be visiting Malta over the festive season can still enjoy the outdoors and join in the many celebrations held across the island. From the Valletta International Baroque Festival to the colourful Malta Carnival and the Feast of the Immaculate Conception, there are plenty of fantastic events in Malta to discover throughout winter.
Arguably the most impressive church in Malta, St John’s Co-Cathedral in Valletta is worth visiting at any time of year. Advent is a particularly special time, however, and in the weeks leading up to Christmas, the church hosts a memorable series of candlelit carol concerts and processions which are guaranteed to set festive spirits souring.
The Feast of the Immaculate Conception, held in the Maltese town of Cospicua, is an important religious day for Christians across Malta. It’s a public holiday for the whole island and many locals choose to spend time with family, enjoy a tasty feast and celebrate the Virgin Mary, whom the festival is dedicated to.
This year, as part of Gozo’s Christmas programme, the island adjacent to Malta introduces an exciting new festival, the Gozo International Choir Festival. Formed to celebrate the best of European choir music, well-known choirs from across the Maltese archipelago will take part in the inaugural event, alongside singers from countries further afield, as far as Estonia.
7th – 11th December 2017
While there are many New Year’s celebrations across Malta, the fireworks display at Valletta waterfront is one of the most memorable. Revellers can enjoy dinner, drinks, live music and entertainment along the waterfront promenade, before the show starts at the stroke of midnight, illuminating the harbour and its historic forts.
An important event for the world’s baroque music scene, the Valletta International Baroque Festival invites leading international baroque musicians and ensembles to Malta for 17 days of performances at various venues across the city, such as the historic Teatru Manoel. Celebrating its sixth edition in 2018, the festival has gone from strength-to-strength to establish itself as one of the globe’s best baroque events.
13th – 27th January 2018
Adding a splash of colour to winter is the Malta Carnival. One of the most exciting seasonal events in Malta, the festival takes place across the island, with the main celebrations in the capital, Valletta, where thousands gather to watch parades of colourful floats and party-goers in bright costumes. A great opportunity to let your hair down at the end of winter, the carnival continues late into the night at the bars and clubs of Paceville.
9th – 13th February 2018