At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
When temperatures drop, warm up with this festive selection of winter events in Prague
When the Czech capital is transformed into an icy wonderland, it’s easy to see why winter is considered one of the most beautiful seasons in Prague. Frost-covered buildings reflect in the rivers and a busy events calendar more than compensates for the crisp temperatures. From celebrations such as Carnevale Praha and Three Kings’ Day to the International Festival of Advent and Christmas Music, here are our favourite winter events in Prague.
What better way to throw yourself into the festive season than with an evening of Christmas music? The International Festival of Advent and Christmas Music is the oldest event of its kind in Europe and invites choirs from across the globe to perform during a week of music and festivities. Highlights of the event are the outdoor concerts in Prague’s historic Old Town Square.
30th November – 1st December 2018
Bohuslav Martinů Days is an annual music series that honours composer Bohuslav Martinů. Each year, the festival brings together national groups such as Prague Symphony Orchestra, Prague Conservatory Symphonic Orchestra, Prague Philharmonic Choir and PKF Prague Philharmonia. Concerts are hosted at beautiful venues across the city, such as Prague Castle and Bohuslav Martinů Hall in Liechtenstein Palace.
18th November – 19th December 2018
Europe is known for its Christmas markets and Prague is home to some of the most picturesque on the continent. The city’s largest is at Old Town Square, where myriad stands sell festive food, warming drinks, artisanal gifts and beautiful decorations. In the centre of the square you’ll find a giant Christmas tree, around which visitors can catch live music and carol concerts. Elsewhere in Prague, festive markets can also be found at Wenceslas Square, Prague Castle, Náměstí Republiky square, Náměstí Míru square, Tylovo square and Anděl.
2nd December 2018 – 6th January 2019
Prague is a popular New Year’s Eve destination for visitors and residents alike. Ringing in 1st January with a bang is the city’s annual New Year’s Eve fireworks display, which lights up the city as the clocks strike midnight. The best view of the show, which attracts thousands of revellers each year, can be found at Old Town Square, Wenceslas Square and along the banks of the Vltava River.
Three Kings’ Day celebrates the three kings, or wise men, who visited baby Jesus in Bethlehem in the story of the Nativity. It also represents the end of the Christmas season. Prague marks the occasion with a procession through the streets, concluding at Old Town Square, where a life-sized nativity scene is set up and guests can give gifts to charity.
In the weeks leading up to Lent, the Czech Republic celebrates Carnevale, or Masopust. Carnevale Praha (Prague’s version of Carnevale) is one of the most anticipated events in Prague each winter. It’s a giant celebration spanning several weeks and featuring a busy programme of concerts and events, banquets and shows. Throughout the carnival period, it’s common to see people dressed up in the costumes of mythical characters, particularly during the colourful street parades.
Vinohrady Carnival Market at Tylovo Square invites visitors to eat, drink and be merry while discovering Prague’s traditional folk heritage. Guests can explore local handicrafts such as wicker and wood products and animal skins, and sample local gourmet delicacies such as cheeses, sweets and gingerbread.
28th January – 17th February 2018