At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
From exploding olives to edible cocktails, take a look at the best restaurants in Lisbon for modern Portuguese cooking
Long gone are the days when the pinnacle of a culinary tour of Portugal culminated in custard tarts and codfish. While Lisbon still offers plenty of opportunity to savour these traditional delights, it would be a crime to leave the city without sampling its new wave of contemporary, cutting-edge eateries. From classic dishes transformed into modern masterpieces at Assinatura and 100 Maneiras to the truly avant-garde menus at Cantinho do Avillez, here are some of the best places to sample modern Portuguese cooking in the capital.
A concept by prolific local chef José Avillez, Mini Bar opened inside the São Luiz Theatre in 2014, complementing the stage performances with some culinary theatrics. One of the most exciting examples of modern Portuguese cooking in the capital, the menu here is split into five “acts” and two tasting menus, “Menu Now On” and “Epic Menu”. The bite-size edible cocktails are a great way to kick off the evening (Green apple and spearmint Margarita, anyone?) before moving on to dramatic entrees like the tempura avocado with dehydrated kimchi and coriander. Don’t worry, there’s still some codfish hidden away here, too.
With only 30 seats, 100 Maneiras is an intimate, monochrome restaurant famous for its innovative ten-course tasting menu. Taking traditional dishes and giving them a gastronomic flourish, you can expect a more sophisticated sort of bacalhau here, served with coriander aioli and red pepper coulis. Other showstoppers include the Império do Sol (poached egg with potato foam, cornbread ‘sand’ and sliced truffle) and Terra quente – slow cooked pork belly with celery purée and chayote confit.
As lively at lunch as it is at dinner, Assinatura offers modern Portuguese cooking courtesy of creative head chef Vitor Areias. The heart and soul of the food here lies in traditional local dishes, which are then transformed into contemporary masterpieces worthy of the most discerning of palates. The bacalhau at Assinatura comes with glazed pumpkin and “São Miguel” cheese foam, while the seafood feijoada proves a popular lunch item. Head downstairs to the intimate Chef’s Table for private dinner parties.
A seriously on-trend eatery, Cantinho do Avillez is one of four restaurants in the fashionable Chiado neighbourhood run by local chef José Avillez. Designed by architect Ana Anahory, the interiors mix industrial décor with vintage furnishings, making it a popular spot for the creative community. The Portuguese cooking on offer here reflects the restaurant’s ethos as a place where, “tradition and modernity go hand in hand” – giving classic Lisboa cuisine a thoroughly modern makeover. Menu highlights include the partridge pies and the flaked cod with breadcrumbs, egg and ‘exploding’ olives.
Located amid the lush gardens of the Parque Eduardo VII, Eleven occupies a prime position in the heart of Lisbon’s business district. With celebrated chef Joachim Koerper at the helm, if there’s one place you’re guaranteed to find superb modern Portuguese cooking, this is it. Take a seat beside the enormous windows and enjoy the views out over Lisbon and the River Tagus while you work your way through the creative tasting menu. Or you could simply stick to lobster, there’s an entire menu dedicated to this most exclusive of crustaceans.
Dine amongst luminous jellyfish (yes, really) at one of Lisbon’s most renowned restaurants, Largo. Famous for its contemporary Portuguese cooking as well as its elegant interiors, it’s located in an old convent right by the opera house. Headed up by celebrated Portuguese chef Miguel Castro E Silva, menu highlights include the Ravioli de bacalhau and the cod marinated in soy sauce and port – a nod to Nobu’s famous dish, but maybe even better.