At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Travel beyond the bounds of Budapest with these 10 top things to do in Hungary
From its striking architecture to its spectacular culinary scene, Hungary marches to its own beat, holding on to its rich culture and history. While Budapest is the calling card for most visitors, it’s well worth devoting an extra day or two to exploring outside of the capital. From discovering the historic towns of Esztergom and Eger to entering the caves of Lillafüred and wine tasting in Tokaj, Hungary offers many diversions for discerning travellers. Here are our top 10 things to do in Hungary.
Before Budapest was named the capital of Hungary, Esztergom held the torch. The historical town is the birthplace of the country’s first king, St Stephen, and is, naturally, full of beautiful palaces. It also has major religious significance and is home to some of the country’s most cherished churches, including the Neo Classical Esztergom Basilica – the seat of the Hungarian Catholic Church.
While Budapest’s thermal baths are a definite highlight for visitors, head outside of the city for a more natural bathing experience. Just two hours from the capital is the largest biologically active thermal lake in Europe, Lake Heviz, where the water is a constant 38.5°C, so visitors can enjoy a dip at any time of year.
Increasingly prominent across the globe, Hungarian wine – and particularly, sweet Hungarian wine – has been gaining respect and notoriety in recent years. The country’s principle wine region for sweet wine is Tokaj, an area that’s been recognised as a UNESCO World Heritage Site due to its winemaking history, which surpasses 1,000 years. Book a tour to get the most out of the area and visit leading wineries for tastings.
Two hours from Budapest, in Bükki Nemzeti Park, is the small town of Lillafüred, known for its incredible natural caves. Explorers can take a guided tour through the protected formations – named Anna Cave and St Stephen Cave – for a small fee and discover their distinctive characteristics up close.
To gain a glimpse of Hungarian life in the 17th and 18th centuries, you don’t need to visit a museum. Instead, take a trip to Hollókő, a UNESCO World Heritage-listed village that has been perfectly preserved as a traditional rural Palócz settlement. A number of events take place at Hollókő throughout the year, such as a three-day Easter celebration (27th – 28th March 2016), during which there’s a parade, music, dancing and unusual traditions such as water throwing.
Whatever you’re passionate about, Aggtelek National Park has something to entertain visitors of all ages. From hiking and biking to caving, canoeing and horse riding, the park is a playground for adventure seekers and nature enthusiasts.
Whether you’re an architecture enthusiast or an oenophile, a trip to Eger is without doubt one of the best things to do in Hungary. The historic town is home to the beautiful Eger Castle, Baroque palaces, and the remains of Turkish settlements, as well as plenty of great wine bars – make sure to sample a glass of Hungary’s most famous red wine, Bull’s Blood of Eger, while you’re in town.
Coined the ‘Ibiza of Hungary’, Siofok, on the shores of Lake Balaton is the country’s summer party capital. During peak season, when the sun is shining, the town’s beaches are packed with sunbathers. But at night it’s all about the beach bars and club nights.
One of the most-visited cities in Hungary after Budapest is Pécs. The university town is home to a number of colleges, museums and churches, and also has a thriving nightlife scene. Situated close to the Mecsek Hills, visitors can enjoy beautiful walks through rolling valleys and quaint villages.
Kecskemét may be known for its fruit agriculture, but the ‘garden city’ is also a burgeoning cultural hub, with a number of museums to explore. Don’t miss the Hungarian Museum of Naive Artists, which showcases exhibitions featuring works by Hungarian painters and sculptors.