At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Claire Miles, Buying Director at The Shop at Bluebird reveals her top shopping secrets and favourite London haunts
The Shop at Bluebird was a firm favourite on the King’s Road before they moved to the heart of Covent Garden. Now just a short stroll away from Corinthia London, we get a wealth of insider knowledge from Buying Director Claire Miles.
The shop is in the heart of Covent Garden, what’s good about this location?
Covent Garden is a whirring tourist hub. We wanted to The Shop at Bluebird to reach a wider audience whilst still being a good location for our loyal customers and we found Floral Street perfect for this.
How have you translated the charm of the Chelsea store to Covent Garden?
Carriage Hall is such a beautiful space, as soon as you walk in it gives off warmth and an intimate environment. Our new location has allowed us to truly embody the ethos of being a cabinet of curiosity and coming from King’s Road to Covent Garden has helped us to excel in our philosophies.
Can you share any lesser-known spots in the area that you like going to?
TeaTulia, which is around the corner from us on Neal Street, is a tea-shop-come-café and it’s a great spot to either meet a friend for a cup of tea or swing by on your lunch break and dip into one of the books on their celebrity-curated library. They do tea leaf cocktails and have just started to do beautiful little cakes. They are also a company that have a majority of female employees, which is something that we like to support.
How would you define London style?
What trend are you most excited about this year?
We try not to be too trend led at Bluebird in order to keep our product offering engaging for our customers. However, we have noticed that puffed up sleeves are very popular with a lot of our brands at the moment. Scandi brands Rotate and Ganni have gone big with the sleeves this season.
What’s your ultimate piece of shopping advice?
I’ve always been a strong believer in researching your brands and to ensure you are buying into those that are unique and have a perspective and ethos that interests you. I like to make sure when shopping I always support up and coming brands rather than just the ones that are already established.
Who are your favourite London designers?
At the moment I would have to say Rejina Pyo and Seren.
What advice would you give a fashion junkie visiting London for the first time?
Go to the V&A and see the latest fashion exhibition, the Dior one was beautiful and they also had an exhibition which showcased all of Mary Quant’s designs.
Where’s your favourite place to eat in London?
I love Petersham Nurseries, both venues in Covent Garden and Richmond. I love their indoor/outdoor feel which is very much like our aesthetic at Carriage Hall.
Describe your perfect weekend spent in London.
The perfect weekend would always start with brunch somewhere in the sunshine followed by a walk in one of London’s many parks. I’d then head to Covent Garden for some shopping and try and squeeze in a matinee. A cocktail (or two) in the The Royal Opera House bar would finish off the night.