At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Dinny Hall is contemporary jeweller with a classic touch. Here, she shares her London address book
London-based jewellery designer Dinny Hall has been at the forefront of British jewellery design for over three decades. A graduate of the prestigious Central Saint Martins, Dinny’s first collection was bought in its entirety by iconic London department store Liberty and, shortly after that, the jeweller founded her eponymous brand. Since then, her experimental yet timelessly stylish collections have acquired a devoted client list and the company has boutiques throughout London. Here, Dinny looks back on some career highlights and shares her favourite spots in London.
When did you first develop an interest in jewellery?
At the age of four when I tried to swap my mum’s engagement ring for a Barbie doll.
What have been the most memorable moments in your career?
There are quite a few to choose from. Firstly, right at the start of my career, I was lucky enough to have a workshop in Beak Street, in the heart of London’s Soho. It was the epicentre of all the exciting goings-on at the time and even David Bowie came in to visit.
Then, when I won the Accessory Designer of the Year award at the London Fashion Awards in 1989. It’s such a long time ago now, but it was the first time that accessories had been considered as a category at the awards.
I would also say that opening my first Dinny Hall store in Notting Hill, west London, was a huge highlight. Plus, I felt so lucky to have a career where I was able to have my baby son in a carrier under my desk. These days I have Bo, my mini Schnauzer under my desk and I still feel very lucky.
Describe your perfect day in London…
I’d start the day by picking up a cappuccino and heading to Hampstead Heath or Regent’s Park for a walk. After that, I’d visit a museum or gallery and then treat myself to afternoon tea. I’d spend the evening seeing a play at either Hampstead Theatre or the Almeida and end the day with a delicious supper in China Town.
What’s the best meal you’ve ever had in London?
My most memorable meal would have to be at The Ledbury in Notting Hill. A two Michelin star eatery, the menu is a homage to fabulous British produce and it really doesn’t disappoint.
Can you tell us a local London secret that you’re willing to share?
The Estorick Collection in Islington for interesting, predominantly Italian, futurist art and Sir John Soane’s Museum in Lincoln’s Inn Fields. I find both of these places incredibly inspiring.
What’s your favourite building in London?
I would say it’s a tie between Westminster Cathedral and the Tower of London, where you can still see traces of medieval London. I also love The Gherkin too.
What places do you always recommend to friends visiting London?
Seven Dials in Covent Garden is great as it’s like a village in the middle of the West End. I also usually recommend a visit to Portobello on the right day, as well as the Serpentine Gallery and a walk across Waterloo Bridge – what a view.