At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
With history on the west bank and hedonism on the east, learn more about Budapest's different sides
Separated by the Danube River, Buda and Pest form the two halves of Hungary’s capital, linked by the famous Chain Bridge since 1849. Their separation runs deeper than the river though, these two regions have their own distinct personalities. Where Buda’s hills offer sweeping panoramas across the city, Pest is entirely flat. While Buda’s Castle District purrs with imperial taste, Pest’s buzzing bar scene is always lively. Here, we introduce the city’s two faces: Buda and Pest.
With its pretty leafy avenues and spectacular panoramic views, Buda contains the city’s most rewarding daytime itineraries. Take in the sunrise over the city from the fairy-tale turrets of Fisherman’s Bastion. It’s a beautiful medieval terrace that dates back to the Middle Ages, constructed with seven look-out towers to honour the chieftains who settled their tribes in Hungary – and those views never fail to impress.
If Fisherman’s Bastion enthrals, Castle Hill will certainly wow with its ancient history, atmospheric cobbled streets, ornate Baroque buildings, and of course, its enchanting castle itself. This World Heritage Site invites exploration – and getting lost here is all part of the fun. All roads gravitate eventually towards the grand sweep of Trinity Square, which is flanked by the towering white spire of Matthias Church. Those lucky enough to catch a concert here are rewarded with a show-stopping glimpse of the church’s soaring interiors and the sounds of the spectacular acoustics.
The low, leafy mountains of the Buda Hills are a favourite local escape from the city. One of the most interesting – and scenic – ways to scale the slopes is in the charming fire-engine red Cogwheel Railway. Chug up to alight in the verdant avenues of Széchenyi-hegy, Buda’s most attractive neighbourhood. From here, it’s a quick jaunt on the cute Children’s Railway through the rural wilds, with plenty of beautiful hiking options along the way.
Where Buda offers fairy-tale architecture, pretty promenades and an escape into nature, Pest delivers a convivial, lively atmosphere with plenty of trendy bars, cafés and restaurants. It’s also home to the striking neo-Baroque Széchenyi Baths, situated in Budapest’s huge City Park. The three steaming outdoor pools – by far the most popular option – are open until 10pm every night, perfect for a scenic soak beneath the stars or falling snow. Party-goers will also enjoy the pop-up club nights here every Saturday during summer.
Post soak, head out to explore Pest’s notorious ruin bars. Unlikely abandoned spaces have emerged as hip enclaves serving craft beers and laid-back cocktails alongside Hungary’s full-bodied Bull’s Blood wine. From roof terraces overlooking the cityscape to an atmospheric wine bar that used to be a dental clinic, there’s something in this eclectic collection to suit all tastes.
It’s not all hedonism and parties in Pest, though. On this side of the Danube is Budapest’s iconic neo-Gothic Hungarian National Parliament. It’s a formidable feat of architecture that’s a true emblem of the city. The best way to see it? After dark from a river cruise, its glittering lights reflected spark for spark in the beautiful Danube.