At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Cinematic dining experiences and cutting-edge crafts? It could only be Budapest Design Week
The pinnacle of the city’s cultural calendar, Budapest Design Week is a 10-day arts extravaganza showcasing the talent of upcoming and established designers. An immersive programme of events features exciting exhibitions, thematic tours and presentations, even giving you the chance to go behind the scenes at designers’ workshops with its Open Studios initiative.
“We have 150 events over the 10-day event, so everyone will be able to find the perfect programme for their own taste” explains Budapest Design Week representative, Lili Somogyi. “It is a great way of publicising design to a wider audience, and an outstanding opportunity for fledgling Hungarian designers to introduce themselves to visitors of Budapest Design Week.”
From fashion and interiors to digital and graphic design, discover these unmissable highlights of Budapest Design Week 2017.
After exhibiting at London’s Tate Modern, French-Hungarian visual artist Daniel Labrosse presents new works including his colourful, mind-bending illustrations. Labrosse playfully uses vivid hues and surreal shapes to make witty statements about the human condition. This surreal multi-media show utilises augmented reality, painting, illustration and computer graphics.
7th – 14th October 2017, Brody Studios
Starring 100 chairs spanning 30 years, this is a unique and comprehensive display of avant-garde furniture from MOME School’s talented designers. Witness the evolution of styles over the course of three decades, with weird and wonderful seats made from recycled materials in experimental shapes.
12th – 15th October 2017, Hungarian National Museum
Each year the prestigious A’Design Award is gifted to international designers demonstrating excellence in almost any type of field imaginable – be it packaging, furniture, aerospace or jewellery. This exhibition displays 40 entries of this year’s competition from 40 different countries, so expect a compellingly diverse array of works.
7th – 15th October 2017, Budapest Project Gallery
Pioneering food designer and stylist Zsuzsa Matók is serving up unique dishes built around the theme of life being inherent in seeds. Her unique work harmonises food with film to produce multidimensional results. This unusual gastronomic experience will be accompanied by music and video to create a dining affair like no other.
10th October 2017 at 7:30pm, Kitchen Restaurant
Discover cutting edge Hungarian designers and learn how they make their works at concept store Hababa. One of Hungary’s most avant-garde boutiques, Hababa is holding a fashion show and workshops where you will be shown how to create your own items under the instruction of the designers stocked in store. For example, guests can craft a pretty necklace by Artkores or an Amient Design booklet.
10th, 12th and 14th October 2017, Hababa Designer Store and Gallery
Leading the way in elegant, futuristic bathroom design, Caracalla Design Days curates Europe’s finest and most progressive bathroom fitting design brands with this beautiful showcase. Explore the sleek lines and slinky ceramics of bathtubs and sinks from prestige brands like Villeroy & Boch and Duravit.
5th – 7th October 2017, Museum of Applied Arts