At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
Hungary’s leading fashion and style blogger discloses her favourite places in the city
As one of Hungary’s leading fashion and style bloggers, Festy, of popular blog Festy in Style, is an authority on Budapest’s chicest hangouts. A regular at all the major Fashion Weeks, when she’s not travelling the world and collaborating with international designers, Festy can be found checking out the city’s hottest restaurants and spas. Here, she reveals her favourite places in Budapest.
How long have you lived in Budapest?
I’ve lived here for 15 years and counting, and I’m still very much in love with my city!
What items should visitors to Budapest definitely remember to pack?
They shouldn’t forget to bring bikinis or swimming shorts, because Budapest has so many beautiful spas.
Where are your favourite places to shop in Budapest?
I love to stroll Andrássy boulevard, which is home to all the international boutiques, but my favourite local designers are Cakó, Alma Abonyi, Rienne Creations, Non+, Áeron and Nanushka. I also love Nini Molnar for fabulous handbags and statement jewellery from Rienne Creations.
What fashion trends are big in Budapest right now?
We’re obviously influenced by international trends like any other city, but you can also feel the eastern European impact here. Glamour is key and local women love to dress up in skirts, high heels and decorative accessories.
Describe how you’d spend your ideal day in the city?
I’d start the day at Café Savoy, a cute Parisian-style café that serves tasty breakfast plates and a great variety of cooked to order eggs. Then, I’d indulge in a spot of shopping on the elegant Andrássy boulevard. I’d have lunch at one of the fabulous Michelin star restaurants nearby, such as Borkonyha Winekitchen, which serves fantastic Hungarian dishes paired with Hungarian wines. I’d then burn off my delicious lunch with a romantic walk in the Buda Castle area, before watching the sunset from Citadella. I’d finish the day with a blissful trip to one of Budapest’s famous spas, perfect for late-night bathing.
Where are your favourite places to take friends visiting from out of town?
I usually take friends to Up and Down Restaurant, 360 Bar, Fröccsterasz, and the one and only Budapest Eye, because it’s such a great location for taking pictures.
Where do you go for a special celebration in Budapest?
For a blow-out meal, I’ll usually head to Bock Bisztró or Costes. Bock Bisztró is known for its hearty Hungarian cuisine, and dishes such as beef tenderloin ‘Budapest’ style or Bock’s signature schnitzel really hit the spot. Costes is a refined, Michelin starred restaurant and the ideal choice for a special occasion.
Can you tell us any local secrets that visitors don’t normally know about?
Whilst you’re here, be sure to stock up on products from famous Hungarian beauty brand, Omorovicza. The brand makes its award-winning, luxury skincare products from Hungarian mineral resources, meaning you can take some of the magic of Budapest’s spas home with you.