At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
The Emmy award-winner and Travel Therapy TV® host gives her verdict on the Hungarian capital
Karen Schaler is the three-time Emmy award winning journalist and the creator of Travel Therapy TV. Her message of empowering travel is aired nationally on US TV on a weekly basis, and her find your bliss mission has taken her to some of the world’s most stunning destinations. Here she shares her experiences in the Hungarian capital, made all the richer by a unique 360-degree virtual reality tour.
What was your favourite part of the Portraits of Budapest tour?
There were so many special things about the tour it’s hard to pick a favourite! I really loved the walking tour and learning about Budapest’s unique and diverse neighbourhoods and beautiful architecture. The behind the scenes tour at the Hungarian State Opera was truly magical, and one of my favourite spots to take video and pictures was from Castle Hill and Fisherman’s Bastion where the view of Budapest is fantastic
Did you learn anything new?
I learned so many new things during my stay and that’s my favourite part about travelling! I was surprised to learn about all the unique world-class Hungarian wine and truly enjoyed trying traditional Hungarian dishes. Budapest’s architecture is a story in itself. I was also fascinated with the history of [the hotel’s] beloved Royal Spa, originally built in 1888, that some talked about turning into a parking lot, before Corinthia was able to lovingly renovate and bring back to life.
What was your ‘therapy’ in Budapest?
In Budapest I found my Travel Therapy® tasting Hungarian wine with the locals, relaxing at the Corinthia’s Royal Spa, and ending the day with an inspiring speedboat ride down the Danube when Budapest is breathtaking, bathed in gold light.
Best thing about staying at Corinthia?
Honestly, for me, the best thing about staying at Corinthia was the kind and genuine staff that made me feel so cared for. Staying [there] I felt like a princess in my own fairy tale, surrounded by history, beauty, fine dining, and a blissful spa. No wonder I didn’t want to leave.
How did being part of the Portraits of Budapest tour enhance your experience of the city?
What I appreciated most about the Portraits of Budapest tour is that I found it an ideal way to start exploring. With the 360 videos you get an authentic feel for the city from the locals (an architect, a ballerina, a restaurateur and a singer) who shared their favourite things about Budapest. This very unique, personal perspective allowed me to see the city in a way I might have missed before and gave me my own ideas of where I wanted to go and what I wanted to see.
How did you find filming your own segments in 360?
In addition to my Travel Therapy® TV segments I also shoot a lot of unique Travel Therapy videos for my social media channels and I’ve just started doing 360 videos. My viewers have really loved seeing things in 360 because when it’s done right it can give you a complete, immersive travel experience that will be truly memorable.
Best thing you ate?
One of my favourite Hungarian dishes was The Chicken Paprika with Stuffed Pancake at the Corinthia’s Brasserie & Atrium restaurant, with Hungarian red wine, and the Toth Ferenc chocolate that was waiting for me back in my suite.
Best thing you saw?
Seeing Budapest at night, glowing in gold, reflecting off the river, was so romantic and a memory I will cherish forever.
What’s your travel philosophy?
Travel Therapy ® is my travel philosophy because it’s all about inspiring and empowering you to pick the trip that’s right for you based on what you’re going through in life, and opening your heart and soul to new cultures, people, places and experiences, to help you live your happiest, healthiest life.