At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
A Budapest style passport: inside the city’s stunning Belle-Époque heritage
In looks, Budapest resembles an amalgam of Prague and Paris: it has the gorgeous medieval ambiance of the former, alongside the elegant boulevards of the latter. But crowning it all is an accent of the Belle–Époque. From the sprawling Széchenyi Baths to the grandiose façades lining Andrássy Avenue, to the staggeringly opulent Hungarian State Opera House, this is a city with a profound dedication to the aesthetic. Embark on a gilded tour of this distinctly Budapest style, and feel like a 19th century bohemian as you wander. Now, who fancies some absinthe?
Tucked away within the former Paris Department Store – itself an icon of Belle-Époque Budapest style – the Alexandra Book Café has lost none of its 19th century splendour. Though its extensive menu of cakes and tortes makes it a must among the city’s grand café set, that stunning ceiling – painted by Hungarian artist Károly Lotz – will likely win your attention.
Called “the Champs-Élysées of Budapest” and ranked as a World Heritage Site, Andrássy Avenue is rightly considered one of Budapest’s most scenic ambles. It’s also one of the best places to do some Belle-Époque-spotting: lined with grandiose mansions, embassies, museums, and other cultural institutes, it’s an architecture lover’s dream.
Reopened after a period of renovation in 2013, the Franz Liszt Academy of Music has remained the city’s most prestigious music academy since its founding by the eponymous composer in 1875. Located on Andrássy Avenue, it’s also an architectural gem: with a giant organ, suspended chandeliers and gilded moulding aplenty, the concert hall is quite the looker.
If you’re feeling brave, venture beneath Buda Castle to its eerie labyrinth and discover the legends that continue to haunt the castle caves. Take a guided tour to explore the deep cellars and hear all the ghostly stories of the labyrinth’s past. Test your nerves by stepping inside the legendary Dracula’s Chamber, where King Matthias was imprisoned in the 15th century.
Opened in 1913 – at the very end of the Belle-Époque period – Budapest’s Széchenyi Baths make going for a thermal dip a proper occasion. Unlike a number of other Budapest baths that have medieval, Ottoman origins, this more recent construction is a highly decorative affair. The best views can be enjoyed from the outdoor pools, which look onto the building’s sunny yellow façade.
Designed by Hungarian architect Ödön Lechner – who’s also been dubbed “the Hungarian Gaudí”, thanks to his creative and decorative approach – the Geological Museum of Hungary is one of the finest expressions of his vision. From the outside, look for a blue tiled roof, curvilinear forms and decorations affixed to the façade. And if you want even more sparkle, a visit indoors for its collection of minerals should suffice.
Lipótváros – also known as Leopold Town – is an ideal destination for the Belle-Époque-seeking Budapest flâneur. In the centre of the city, and adjacent to the Danube, the district is rich in landmarks and historic buildings from all eras, though the turn of the century is well represented – look out in particular for the Royal Postal Savings Bank, constructed in 1901 and considered a masterpiece of the style.
From the outside, capped with its green and yellow tiled roof and a sizeable dome, the Museum of Applied Arts is an instantly recognisable Belle-Époque marvel. Indoors, this haven of Budapest style continues to impress. Just try not to gawp at the soaring atrium (not to mention the collection of furnishings, carpets, ceramics, and accessories made from precious metals).
Enfolded into the broader Belle-Époque period, the Art Nouveau movement of the late 19th and early 20th centuries flourished particularly in Hungary – wander Budapest’s streets and everywhere you’ll find the curving lines, the pastel hues, the ornate décor and the floral motifs of the era. You’ll also find some worthy examples at the House of Hungarian Art Nouveau, a gallery devoted entirely to the style.