At Corinthia, we always strive to provide the best rates on our website. If you don’t think we have, we’ll pay for 100% of your room on the first night, and price match the rest. Should you find a lower price elsewhere, please submit a claim within 24 hours of your original booking and we will respond within two working days. Please note, this also applies to discounts and promotions available on Corinthia.com.
Process for making a claim:
Step 1. If within 24 hours of a confirmed reservation with Corinthia Hotels made on Corinthia.com, you find a lower rate for the same hotel, room type, inclusions, stay dates, discounts and payment conditions, please contact the relevant email address from the list below to make your claim. All claims must be made within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time of the hotel.
Step 2. Your claim should be supported by the URL where the lower rate was found and a screen shot which clearly displays the date of stay, room type, same hotel, inclusions and payment conditions of the lower rate offering on the competing website. Please include your contact information (name, email and phone number).
Step 3. If we are able to verify that the lower rate found qualifies for the Best Rate Guarantee, and all other terms and conditions are met, Corinthia Hotels will pay for 100% of the room charges of your first night, and will price match the room for the rest of your stay. You will be charged for all nights booked at the matched rate, minus the first night which will be free.
To make your claim, email the relevant hotel on one of the following:
First nightfree, match rate for rest of stay, no minimum nights
Terms and Conditions:
Corinthia Hotels guarantees the best online rate on corinthia.com based on the following terms and conditions:
1. Your original booking must have been made through corinthia.com.
2. The lower rate must be found and the claim submitted by email within 24 hours of the original booking and at least 24 hours prior to the standard check-in time at the hotel. If the original booking was made within 24 hours of arrival, the Best Rate Guarantee is not applicable.
3. The Best Rate Guarantee only applies to published rates available to the general public online, which can be found and booked immediately without any kind of restriction or payment restrictions.
4. The lower rate found must be for exactly the same booking criteria - the same hotel, the same room type, same inclusions, the same stay dates, same number of guests, the same rate description and, if applicable, the same promotion. The cancellation and advance purchase policy and all other terms and conditions of the stay must also be identical. If the claim refers to a reservation consisting of several nights' accommodation, the average rate for each night will be compared to the average rate for each night, for an identical reservation, using the website where the lower rate is found.
5. Corinthia Hotels will verify the lower rate claim and respond within two working days of the claim being made. *Claims will be processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm, at the hotel's local time.
6. The rate comparison will be made net of any taxes, gratuities or any other fees or charges associated with the room rate, and the lower rate must still be available at the time the hotel validates the claim.
7. The Best Rate Guarantee is void where prohibited by law. Corinthia Hotels reserves the right to modify or cancel its Best Rate Guarantee policy at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
8. Corinthia Hotels has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim, including without limitation, determining that the lower rate found is genuinely available and that the claim meets all terms and conditions. In case of dispute, Corinthia Hotels' decision is final.
9. In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through corinthia.com, Corinthia Hotels will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your claim. Corinthia Hotels is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel.
10. Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where corinthia.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond Corinthia Hotels' reasonable control.
11. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to rates found offline, negotiated corporate rates, group or MICE rates, opaque provider rates or rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, governmental rates, direct mail or email solicitations, rates offered by providers that do not supply the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made or other rates that are not available to the general public. We reserve the right to deny a claim if the availability of the Competing Rate cannot be independently verified at the time of processing the claim.
12. The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to packaged rates. Packaged rates include Hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package in which the Hotel does not provide all services (including but not limited to airfare and/or car rental, tours etc.) and Hotel accommodations sold with additional amenities.
13. Corinthia Hotels may deny a claim where the difference between the rates is less than 1%.
14. If the Competing Rate is in a different currency from the rate booked on corinthia.com, the Competing Rate will be converted into the same currency as the rate offered on our website using the exchange rate as published in www.xe.com in place at the time the initial reservation was made. Discrepancies may occur between Corinthia Hotels' rate and the Competing Rate due to differences in exchange rate sources. If the rate discrepancy is solely due to exchange rate fluctuations, we reserve the right to deny the claim.
From imperial restaurants to historic food halls, here are the best places to sample caviar in St Petersburg
From blinis to stroganoff, Russia’s culinary delicacies are many, but one that stands out above all others is caviar. These salt-cured fish eggs, farmed from wild sturgeon, are a gourmet luxury and a trip to St Petersburg is an excellent opportunity to sample their unique and salty taste. From caviar platters at Tsar Restaurant to eggs by the bucket load at Kuznechny Market, here are the best places to find caviar in St Petersburg.
Tsar Restaurant is one of the most opulent restaurants in the city, in terms of setting and cuisine. It takes traditional Russian dishes and give them a subtle contemporary twist to better suit a modern, fine dining audience. The most popular of the restaurant’s array of local delicacies, caviar is offered in a range of varieties from Pike, Trout and Atlantic Salmon to Sturgeon, Starred Sturgeon and Beluga (the rarest and most expensive variety). Kick-start your caviar discovery with a tasting and enjoy three premium varieties, washed down with vodka or Champagne. Tsar Restaurant serves caviar in the traditional way, on mother of pearl spoons accompanied by fritters, rye toast and sour cream.
Another excellent restaurant serving premium caviar is Palkin. The historic eatery, which dates to 1785, is famed for its fine Russian gastronomy and imperial setting. Enjoy a sophisticated tasting experience and choose between black or red caviar, served with wheat pancakes, sour cream and quail eggs, or select the assorted caviar option and treat yourself to a platter of different varieties. Follow the tasting with classic French and Russian dishes based on recipes of bygone eras.
Emporium is an iconic store with a rich and regal history. Located on Nevsky Prospect, the complex houses a grand food hall that’s been serving the city’s elite since opening in 1902. Every day, Russian gourmands flock to Eliseevy Merchant’s Shop, where luxury goods, including caviar, are presented in an opulent Art Nouveau setting. The store is one of the best places in the city to buy premium caviar, and highlights of its vast collection include rare amber and gold caviar, home-branded black sturgeon caviar from Astrakhan, and superior varieties including Beluga. On your way out, don’t forget to take in the whimsical moving window display by Mikhail Shemyakin.
The largest food market in the city, Kuznechny Market is another great place to shop for caviar in St Petersburg. Pass through rows of fruits and vegetables to seek out the aisles dedicated to caviar and Russian delicacies like smoked fish, dried herring and tripe. Prices may be higher here than at other markets, but the quality and variety is unbeatable. Haggling is expected, so try your hand at negotiating a good price.